Notices

when will u post one for n900 !!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to majd_90 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Seems I've messed up contacts sync
I had problems syncing some international contacts and I've changed the code a lot.
Sorry guys. I'll fix it tomorrow.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
FYI, the official Whatsapp site has been XSSed...The Android apk files available on site have been compromised...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by majd_90 View Post
when will u post one for n900 !!
eh? I thought N900 users know about yappari, no?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84605

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
Been using the latest Cepi build for over a day now. Everything works really well, including video capturing and sending. Haven't tried contact syncing though, since I already had all of my contacts synced with the previous build and there was no need to delete the *.db because the update installation worked like charm.

What I have noticed is the weird swype typing bug someone mentioned presiously, where you can't get the selection of possible words for any words already typed (unlike typing in any other app, in which you can change the words later if you notice you've made an error). This is a very minor issue.

Some people have said that the app won't go back online after going offline because of losing connection (for example due to driving through a tunnel). I lose connection several times a day because of the old building which I work in has heaps of blind spots, but I haven't experienced this problem. However it does take several minutes for the app to go back online, so if I'm expecting a reply it's faster to quit and restart the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hharju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
is there any limit of video sending, size? format?
I cant send a 2x MB video with N9 recorded before

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Curacao
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Seems I've messed up contacts sync
I had problems syncing some international contacts and I've changed the code a lot.
Sorry guys. I'll fix it tomorrow.
Thanx for the wonderful work. I've been messing around in the code somewhat adding small details specific for my case. That aside, During testing I have noticed that the selective contacts sync is still faster than syncing all contacts at once. Don't know how it works for others here. I noticed the bug in the new version and will be waiting for the fix. Wish I had more time to collaborate and perfect the selective sync feature in this project.

I'm eager to see how this alternative will work, but can't say i won't miss just being able to sync 3 or 5 people. i was also trying to just get 1 number from contacts which had multiple numbers, since some people have multiple phone numbers and some don't use whatsapp anymore on their older numbers. So then the contacts list isn't cluttered with numbers you'll never chat with. Maybe in the near future...let's get it working first.

Keep up the good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crlsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
is there any limit of video sending, size? format?
I cant send a 2x MB video with N9 recorded before
I also wonder about the video and audio format and size limits to stay within. Maybe it's been written somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anyway, thanks for the latest deb which so far works very good!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
When U long press a contact, tap on view profile, the photo normally updates to the one chosen by the contact, the problem I picked up is that sometimes the App rendomly selects Pics from other contacts, in one case my own photo appeared in another contact!

So it's weird chatting with someone using my own picture, it's like talking to myself lol

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-09-14 at 07:57.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
eh? I thought N900 users know about yappari, no?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84605
Yes, but before Yappari exists Wazzap developers said to make an N900 version, and Wazzap have better aspect and more functions.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp