Notices

Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
well enough, for time being... one more thing - You installed 'dev' github branch, I guess, not 'RC'?
go to cepi's github, download the latest version its under 'new-issue'
not RC, dev or master.
you know the rest.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by Alee View Post
go to cepi's github, download the latest version its under 'new-issue'
not RC, dev or master.
you know the rest.
well, I'm not sure I know the rest... before all these dev versions started to be packaged I've usually been downoading zipball of dev branch and then c/p over the existing ones in the phone... not so sure what does "new issue" can do regarding the installation of new version (other than just report the issue)...

looking at age of the branches I see that dev branch is 12 days old and RC 14 days old, so I guess that the dev branch is the latest with this consumption problem solved…

please do correct me if I'm wrong…

[tw] @kegnatz

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
well, I'm not sure I know the rest... before all these dev versions started to be packaged I've usually been downoading zipball of dev branch and then c/p over the existing ones in the phone... not so sure what does "new issue" can do regarding the installation of new version (other than just report the issue)...

looking at age of the branches I see that dev branch is 12 days old and RC 14 days old, so I guess that the dev branch is the latest with this consumption problem solved…

please do correct me if I'm wrong…
new-issue is the latest branch if you see the changes commited. Procedure is same as with the dev branch after getting the zip file.

sorry, guys - I don't get it… I see only master, dev and RC branches… the only place I see "new issue" (not "new-issue") is on https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp/issues where the new issues are to be submitted… direct link would be nice, if permitted…

[tw] @kegnatz

I wanted to add a how to in the wiki for dev versions but the more I am thinking about it less it will happen. If people can't even checkout branches from git and we tell them how to do it then afterwards they are only spamming the forum complaining about non working features or other stuff. The more versions floating around the more difficult it will get to give proper support. I can only repeat myself - be patient. That said if you still manage how to checkout dev versions then don't ask questions regarding them here, because then the rest of the horde wants those versions too.

Edit: this is not against a specific person - it's a general statement. Thus there is no need for anyone to justify himself.

Last edited by brkn; 2012-10-03 at 17:56. Reason: added edit

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
^^
I agree, if you do not know how to find and checkout git branches, please hold off until a release from Cepi or Tgalal.

@Zelig
I got the branch from Cepi github repo, not Tarek

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
@nokiac ok, now I get it - thanks mate, going to install it and give some consumption feedback... took a look at notifier.py - been playing with it some time ago when Qmediaplayer was still in, been changing values in coordination with @knobtviker, but still there were issues with the volume… hope You'll find some solution...

@brkn - I see Your point, and it's hard not to be agree with You - I wouldn't been raising this issue if I hadn't installed dev branches from github many times, and even posted the guide how to do it in this thread… just got a bit lost this time

[tw] @kegnatz

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Latest version on my github fork (new-issue branch) doesn't use Qmediaplayer anymore for notifications
It uses phonon, and the volume issue is fixed, but using the media volume instead of ringtone volume. I can't find any documentation about how to get the ringtone volume. It's implemented in QtMobility 1.2, but not in the 1.1 we have in the phone.
Also, you can select system ringtones and downloaded ringtones too if they are in MyDocs/Ringtones folder.

I take a break in wazapp code, cause I'm working on filebox. Currently I've added Dropbox and Google Drive and made some fixes.

Tomorrow I'll try to change the music selection in wazapp for a browser. So it can be used to set music files for notifications.
Just be patient
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
@Cepi, is there a specific reason you moved to phonon from Qmediaplayer ? Just curious ..

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Because qmediaplayer reproduces a strange sound before the ringtone
and it crashes active calls when it plays... I think... I can't remember :P
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp