Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with ProfileMatic's custom action. And if it did I'd be totally confused :-P.

You might get some clues by running that command directly from terminal.
from terminal I get: permission denied
The same from user and from root...

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
OK, I fixed it with:
Code:
chmod 0755 /usr/bin/grob

Yes, there has not been a fix as there hasn't been testers. But it's great that you seem to get this issue so often, so perhaps we can test and find a fix.

I would like you to run ProfileMatic background task from terminal, so that I can get the logs when it fails to do the rule.

Do this in terminal:
Code:
~ $ devel-su
~ # /sbin/initctl stop apps/profilematicd
~ # exit
~ $ /opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd
Then when the problem occurs, send me what is in the terminal. Let me know if you need more instructions.

To celebrate the 777th post, I will try to fix this problem :-P. But it requires you to do a couple more of posts .
Alright I'm finally back with some information. When I ran the commands you gave me, it ended up working for another day, so it seems a restart of the process fixes the problem for a day, just like restarting the phone does. I've attached the complete log from when it was run. Let me know what else you need and thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: gz profilematic.out.tar.gz (4.0 KB, 65 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to tdashroy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Hi guys, I'm looking for a solution for the problem of the battery jumping randomly to 4%... is it possible to run as root the command /sbin/stop bme and then /sbin/start bme as custom action in Profilematic? It would be great if this works for example with a nfc tag instead of reboot!

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tdashroy View Post
Alright I'm finally back with some information. When I ran the commands you gave me, it ended up working for another day, so it seems a restart of the process fixes the problem for a day, just like restarting the phone does. I've attached the complete log from when it was run. Let me know what else you need and thanks again!
Thank you. Very instructive.

So with that output I found the problem. It is basically bug in QtMobility on MeeGo/Maemo platform. A warning to any developer, QSystemAlignedTimer is broken if you use it to wait for more than 65535 seconds. The underlying implementation takes unsigned shorts, but QSystemAlignedTimer takes ints. And hilarity ensues as the poor developer trusts public APIs without scrutinizing the sources of underlying implementation :P.

Nevertheless, for this particular problem to arise it requires quite specific intervals in ProfileMatic's rules. That's why it's been hard to pin down.

I will fix it soon and put a test version here so it'd be great if you can test that it works.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking for a solution for the problem of the battery jumping randomly to 4%... is it possible to run as root the command /sbin/stop bme and then /sbin/start bme as custom action in Profilematic? It would be great if this works for example with a nfc tag instead of reboot!
ProfileMatic runs as user. So if you need some custom action to run as "root", you'll need to figure out how to invoke the command from script using "devel-su". I seem to remember it's possible, but I don't remember the details.

Nevertheless, for this particular problem to arise it requires quite specific intervals in ProfileMatic's rules. That's why it's been hard to pin down.

I will fix it soon and put a test version here so it'd be great if you can test that it works.
Please test the version attached in this post. It should hopefully fix the problem. Please run it again from terminal as before, so that if there's a problem I might get a clue of what's wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: deb profilematic_1.7.2_armel.deb (282.4 KB, 76 views)

Please test the version attached in this post. It should hopefully fix the problem. Please run it again from terminal as before, so that if there's a problem I might get a clue of what's wrong.
Wow, you work fast! I installed the version and have it running now. I'll be sure to let you know whether or not it works.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to tdashroy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Here's a nifty idea I just had the need for.
In conditions set check for filesize. User types in absolute path and chooses file size as limit. Presets would be fine.
Then as actions user can do any custom action etc.
Opinions?

Would it be hard to add feature that would add bluetooth connection to be used as a rule? I mean that phone would e.g. change profile when I connect to bluetooth hands free.

Could be useful in my opinion.