Active Topics

Poll: Who is it in your opinion?
Poll Options
Who is it in your opinion?

Dave what other forums do you visit?

Cars, bikes, cartoons, tech news, etc etc?

I'm flattered

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Dave what other forums do you visit?

Cars, bikes, cartoons, tech news, etc etc?
Nothing, in an active posting state too many trolls and fanboys everywhere. I don't have time to read all the... Nonsense. I think Blogs is the best and live streams event.

But of course I'm reading everything related to jolla atm.

Anything good to recommend? any good read related to Gnote III?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-31 at 09:18.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I've never used the troll in any real posts here at talk.maemo.org until this thread was created. I also noticed that users point ting the troll finger, so I started with that to. But the truth is that the term is very useless when so many uses the troll card. It can be read in the serious community threads all the way to the offtopic thread. The term is used everywhere . That made me think we must have some rules or definition. We all can be trolls?

We need a common ground and a definition of the word. The usage of troll word is getting out of hand...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-02 at 17:15.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
I suggest a whitelist for nominated trolls. We could start with threads "Chat with Dave9999" and "Chat with Lumiaman". Trolls could post to their own and each others thread but nowhere else.
We're going to need a thread "Chat with the shrink" on the way out...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I thought they were all the same person.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I've never used the troll in any real posts here at talk.maemo.org until this thread was created. I also noticed that users point ting the troll finger, so I started with that to.
Dude... that's a true lie... you troll wherever you can... it's official now for 1,5 years already...
That's why I offended you a few times. Now I see you're more the jester-type'o'troll, I had my laughs here and there too. Just keep out of the serious stuff and everything's fine. Still, trolling officially is against the law here on tmo.

But the truth is that the term is very useless when so many uses the troll card. It can be read in the serious community threads all the way to the offtopic thread. The term is used everywhere . That made me think we must have some rules or definition. We all can be trolls?
We need a common ground and a definition of the word. The usage of troll word is getting out of hand...
To seperate the boys from the men, ha...?!

We need more troll-pics here!
Current Maemo Community Council member

I mean it as a actuall word in my posts. Not how you look at my posts as a general. People using the term everywhere today.

Sure, I left for shorter projects (work) and then several times just to come back and I reused the message. Other than that I think you are pretty accurate, even do i don't understand jester based troll. I'm trying to learn the language so please explain I'm not always as sharp or accurate I'm my grammar and my words.

It's also intressting that so many people coming around in this thread.Great with an off topic are where you can discuss serious or less serious stuff.

Nice troll, one of the coolest troll image I've seen so far.

To me, the main issues an all foums are that all people look at thread/ post discussion in different ways. As I see it, you can read, you can ignore, you can leave. You can also trying to steer the discussion in the way you want. Just state you are better, know more and explain that there are too many rookies or trolls is like trolling, especially if you doing it over and over again while explaining how others mess up the threads is a bit trollish.

Read what you like, post what you like as long as you find it relevant and follow the rules, it's not the posters that is responsible since leaving for what other members want to read.

Win7Mac, keep up the nice trolling and stay way from the serious threads and healthy discussions.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-02 at 23:02.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Sure, I left for shorter projects (work) and then several times just to come back and I reused the message.
That's, of course, totally fine. Just a bit denseness there I guess...
And you took big part to derail the jolla-thread and have it off-topic now.

... You can also trying to steer the discussion in the way you want...
Yeah, my first attempt here...

Win7Mac, keep up the nice trolling and stay way from the serious threads and healthy discussions.
Thanks, I'll do my best. Actually my N9 works like a charm, so no need for the serious threads.
I'm here for fun right now.
Current Maemo Community Council member

More people should be here for the fun and joy.

it was better when that big thread was moved.

people complaining about different posts, users, or other people not intressting to read or post about speculation, links and personal opinions about jolla has reduced.

A new or several can be created when new big news arrives at any time.

Sure i probably posted most posts between 1350 ––>,i was certainly not the user that posted off topic posts.

So, of course I was involved in the thread but my focus was always on jolla so my post alone would not be the main reason for moving it to offtopic. But sure I am a heavy user in that thread.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-02 at 23:44.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I've never used the troll in any real posts here at talk.maemo.org until this thread was created. I also noticed that users point ting the troll finger, so I started with that to. But the truth is that the term is very useless when so many uses the troll card. It can be read in the serious community threads all the way to the offtopic thread. The term is used everywhere . That made me think we must have some rules or definition. We all can be trolls?

Dave,

The term "troll" is one of the oldest ones in internet lingo. Other related terms are "astroturfer" and "kook". You can find these term definitions in several places. One of the most authoritative is the Hacker Dictionary.

http://youtu.be/uSbh2MsxdNs

PS: I can deal with trolls. The ones I really can't stand are astroturfers. Unfortunately, it is often hard to see the difference.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-11-03 at 02:40.

Tags
aye remember, badarox ?, elop==specc, i'm a pro too, it's specc, please vote, pro bono, thanks for aye!, trolliotr, troll_falcone