Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
I've had this about 3 to 4 times in the 6 months (Congrats on that BTW) i'm using Yappari. Mostly after about a week or two up-time. Killed Yappari trough Terminal and worked perfectly after. Not really bothersome honestly.

And with the persistant chat we won't need the Create Chat button as often as we do now.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Wow... I have never had the issue of Yappari hanging up like that.

Right now is hard to tell since the client I have installed in my phone is pretty unstable (it crashes if it receives a message from an unknown contact, it crashes when I press Create Chat, it's totally unusable ).

And also Yappari NEVER takes up to 10-15 seconds to load a chat window. NEVER, except when you press Create Chat immediately after starting Yappari (because it's synchronizing contacts) and even then it is not higher than 5 secs.

Yappari shows a window in 2 seconds max. Maemo SMS Conversations also shows a window in 2 seconds max. I think you're running too much background stuff in your phone that makes it pretty busy?

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-11-19 at 19:16.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Wreck, yes we can live with it but my intention to say this is to let Scorpius know that there might be some bug or just to make a suggestion. It's still alpha-software so it means the developer wants feedback to improve his software, here it is Alpha-software can be buggy, we all know that but to reach beta or even final-stage bugreports are needed
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Wreck, yes we can live with it but my intention to say this is to let Scorpius know that there might be some bug or just to make a suggestion. It's still alpha-software so it means the developer wants feedback to improve his software, here it is Alpha-software can be buggy, we all know that but to reach beta or even final-stage bugreports are needed
Read my edit in the last post. 15 seconds? that's impossible.

Indeed it seems, closed and opened yappari, slowness seems to be dissappeared. Note; I had yappari open for about 7 days, never closed. DID defrag swap everynight, tho... So might yappari introduce slowness over time? Memory-problems?

Or what else can make yappari go insane?
I am sorry, but these were my experiences. I did count really 15 seconds. I guess it was bad luck?
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

Well I don't know. I've been profiling Yappari lately and have fixed some very tiny memory leaks (8 bytes... 4 bytes... things like that). I can't think of anything right now that could make Yappari degrade its performance over time.

Also whoever asked if Yappari is gonna be OpenSource, I think very soon I will upload it to the repositories (and then you can go like this: apt-get source yappari).

Maybe in the first quarter of 2013. I need a stable client first and I don't have it yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Well let's say modest started to sync, HAM started to auto-update I decided to push Yappari to it's limits. Conclusion: 1 time situation?
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

Hi Scorpius.

Problem:
When i want 2 send a pic and click on the "Send Multimedia", and before a selection, I change the window to answer another chat, but i can not type any thing or working with Other parts of Yappari.

CR7

@Scorpius
Will we be able to see group participants and save one of them without them sending a message ?
what about inviting and creating groups ? is this gonna be available in the next version ?

i have a tiny problem
when i write in arabic using the hardware keyboard, the text box contracts until a Space character is added
Tell me if you want a screen shot

i will be happy to test the next version for you as well as reporting the bugs or sending logs before posting it

Thanks for your efforts.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
This is what Scorpius told about IO error's.

You could try to connect using a different network? (Work/School/Friends)
I have the same problem at home and at work and using my mobile UMTS operator in italy. ( H3G )...

What can i do to resolve this problem ?
I have just removed and reinstalled yappari...

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp