Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Stil get an error... Well, no jolla.com today

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Stil get an error... Well, no jolla.com today
I just fixed the error. Working great now!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
I see. Thanks for that Dave

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
http://youtu.be/Nn_W85e9KVI

Sailfish Running on the ExoPC – Merproject
Barnabas Collins

This reminds me of Jolla trying to make a phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
http://youtu.be/Nn_W85e9KVI

Sailfish Running on the ExoPC – Merproject
It depends on IRC thay said it runs on the emulator/vm. so not natively there is no rootimage.

IMHO they should atleast release silica source ASAP so we can test the silica API:s on nokia N9 the same way as we could test qt-component API on N900.

But I guess we have to wait some month or so. BUT If they not release the silica on GIThub(or similar) ASAP they will fail. Because if we have to wait for real devices upto a year before we can start test apps, they WILL loose developers.

Emulator is WAY better than Harmattan/webos was, but still we need some kind of device because testing swipe, touch etc... in a emulator is pain in the *** especially on non touch PC:s.

Also the VM:s takes resources you atleast need a DualCore and 3gen Intel or similar. This is not to be nagative because Eclipse+Android is more bloated and takes even more resources if we compare them

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-03-01 at 22:14.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It depends on IRC thay said it runs on the emulator/vm. so not natively there is no rootimage.

IMHO they should atleast release silica source ASAP so we can test the silica API:s on nokia N9 the same way as we could test qt-component API on N900.

But I guess we have to wait some month or so. BUT If they not release the silica on GIThub(or similar) ASAP they will fail. Because if we have to wait for real devices upto a year before we can start test apps, they WILL loose developers.

Emulator is WAY better than Harmattan/webos was, but still we need some kind of device because testing swipe, touch etc... in a emulator is pain in the *** especially on non touch PC:s.

Also the VM:s takes resources you atleast need a DualCore and 3gen Intel or similar. This is not to be nagative because Eclipse+Android is more bloated and takes even more resources if we compare them

I can't wait...
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone heard a specific price tag from jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

If you want to have a non-virtualized SDK I bet you can, but try to install Maemo 5 sdk on a modern Linux system without the installer and you'll appreciate why they opted to provide a plugnplay VM solution. (not to mention that Maemo 5 and Harmattan SDK's don't live together very well - for me at least)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
If you want to have a non-virtualized SDK I bet you can, but try to install Maemo 5 sdk on a modern Linux system without the installer and you'll appreciate why they opted to provide a plugnplay VM solution. (not to mention that Maemo 5 and Harmattan SDK's don't live together very well - for me at least)
I dont say VM is wrong, acttally the mer buildserver is great thing because you can have many toolchains etc... But people should now that U have to have a modern PC runing VM.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-03-06 at 21:37.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla