Active Topics

All the notes in my phone has been erased. How could I manage to recover them? I restored full back up from Nokia süite but it did not work

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Do you mean text files? And just those? Music, photos, videos stayed? That's very strange indeed, sounds like pebkac.

I would look around for some file undelete tools. On Windows, I can personally recommend Free Undelete. Just plug your phone to a USB port in mass storage mode and let the tool find your deleted files. But beware, it may not be possible to recover all (or even any) of them if you saved anything on the device since the loss. That includes taking a picture with the camera, for example.

yes only text files There is nothing wrong with my phone excep this

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I had a similar problem, which was my fault, but I managed to recover notes using the smartsearch database. Look here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...29&postcount=7

on a sidenote, I guess probably the notes db didn't get saved when I did a full copy of /home/user to my pc because of security reasons, which smartsearch effectively nullifies, by storing sms, notes, contacts etc. in an unencrypted sqlite db right in the filesystem

I am for one, happy for that.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I had a similar problem, which was my fault, but I managed to recover notes using the smartsearch database. Look here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...29&postcount=7

on a sidenote, I guess probably the notes db didn't get saved when I did a full copy of /home/user to my pc because of security reasons, which smartsearch effectively nullifies, by storing sms, notes, contacts etc. in an unencrypted sqlite db right in the filesystem

I am for one, happy for that.
I have read your post how can I do that using terminal? If so how? Thanks for your help in advance.