Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Right back at you 'buddy'.
Who you callin buddy, guy?

|||EDIT

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-11-07 at 02:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by jjx View Post
No.
You are missing the point, completely!!!!!

I am pointing out a fact, which even people live in HK may not be aware, that some HK government post requires "the speaking of mandarin fluently in order to keep the post or be promoted", despite the fact that Cantonese is the majority spoken language. No, the job has nothing to do with public speaking, but the requirement is appended as a job requirement. Go figure.

If you, yes you, read something you think is NOT right, read it the second time and, do your homework before opening your mouth.

BTW, if you do not speak cantonese in HK, you may have problem in functioning as most HK resident speaks cantonese. However, that was NOT included as a job requirement. Hint, hint, hint..... more change in the last 10 years in HK's political climate, go do your fact findings before spreading MIS-information: Today, HK school kids salute to a rising China flag AND sing the national anthem before school starts every morning. There is nothing wrong with salute to a China flag as HK is part of china. I am pointing it out that this is a CHANGE. I personally think it is the right thing to do, to prepare the next generation to be proChina. BTW, I read HK newspaper on my N8x0 EVERY NIGHT before I fall into sleep. EVERY NIGHT.....I am still watching the job market in HK, China.......Some day I will post from HK, China. Someday......

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-11-07 at 02:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Just some douche who thought he was funny about a spelling mistake by someone who might not even have English as his first language. That's who.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
You are missing the point, completely!!!!!

I am pointing out a fact, which even people live in HK may not be aware, that some HK government post requires "the speaking of mandarin fluently in order to keep the post or be promoted", despite the fact that Cantonese is the majority spoken language.
Would you, on the topic of facts and truth, have a non-wikipedia (never trust that site) link supporting that?

LMFAO
Ah yes, the standard reply from a person who got called out/caught being a douche: laugh, as there really is no way to defend yourself.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Can a mod do something about the douche tag... it's highly inappropriate .

(people shouldn't be so hard on him, he's still learning how to talk to grown-ups........)

|||EDIT
Thanks mod.

|||EDIT2
BTW, for anyone that doesn't know, mods can see who made what tag.

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-11-07 at 03:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
BTW, it is extremely easy to see chinese and Japanese on your tablet. you do not have to do anything at all, nor install any program. And you may NOT need to know chinese or japanese to do this either, anything blue, click on it, it is a link. Just watch the picture and guess the meaning.....eventually you may like it so much and pick up a language, you never know.

Clank up your web browser, go google.com>news and scroll to the very bottom, there are links like, RSS, Other News Editors, About Google News....., click the Other News Editors. That would open up the page ...How it works: Languages and regions, scroll down half way, you see (China), (Hong Kong)...(Japan)..... Click on either one of them, you see Chinese (or Japanese)! Or if you are reading this from your tablet, click Hong Kong! The blues are URL links, and greens are local media eg TV, newspaper, journals or magazine. It is really fun. Promise, you do NOT have to know chinese or japanese, as the news are all with pictures.....

Be patient, google.com>news takes some time to load..... and you may have to free up some space for it

It works for web browsers, web, Digia@Web, Tear and Mildori.

Enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-11-07 at 03:49.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

|||EDIT

Ok, I have no idea what this thread is about, it seems to be a lot of people being angry at each other about things that have nothing to do with "N900 is not a Internet Tablet," but that picture is so insulting to me as a Canadian that this means

WAR

All of Canada against JayOnThaBeat!

Pile On!!

(grumble grumble)

Oh come on guys, come back!

(grumble grumble)

What do you mean you don't want to attack the States because their beer sucks almost as badly as their hockey players?? Haven't you heard of microbrew? It's pretty good, no?

Ok well, as soon as I get the other guys to come back, it will mean WAR!!

Pfft all of Canada should attack the States (non-violently) on the stupid ACTA treaty. As well as the rest of the world.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
为什么你如此的生气?

"Why are you so angry?"

I cheated... had my Chinese friend translate that for me. No machines were used other than to post it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
cool story bro, cunning linguist, dumb thread read if bored, he can't get an n900, he loves the iphone..., stop the sexism, toe, too long didn't read, turning japanese, wooptadeedoo!, yes we know why, you're lonely