Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
He mentioned the 3310 that was enough to stop reading. That was NOT a good successor to to the heavily successful 3210 and despite it sold well it was far behind the competition. Other phones of the same price point were half the size and had a li ion battery back then.

So it is really possible he was 3 when he held the 3310

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Hehe. I'm not sure how to interpret that, but I did throw my N8 across the room a couple of times earlier this week (damn Symbian :/). It bounced off the couch and hit the coffee table. Great build quality.
If you had a N9 you didn't have to "bounced off the couch and hit the coffee table" because it doesnt run symbian OS

LINUX FOR THE WIN :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
[sarcasm] Gee, I wonder if Nokia might do this for maemo/meego [/sarcasm]
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/10/27/n...or-developers/

I don't recall them ever doing anything quite as aggressive, even for Symbian.
N9 devs have had to jump through hoops just to buy N9's as part of the DDP* in the past few mths.
Now they're giving 800's away by the thousands... sigh.....

It's like Nokia's more keen for MS's development env/s to take-off than it's own.
How does this help the long-term viability of Qt if you do this Nokia?
Is MS ever going to agree to allow Qt to become WP's primary dev platform?

*I mean the commercial one direct from Nokia, not the community device program.
I believe some were given away & maybe still are, but AFAIK Nokia has still not disclosed no's.

Nokia decided to get raped by Microsoft and Elop likes to get Balllmers cock in his ***.

So nothing new here.

Only thing we can do is see Nokiafail and be happy have the last great device from Nokia OR hopefully better: Elop and the failing board gets fired ASAP.

Just realised one thing: If I had readed this BEFORE I got my beloved N9 I would have been very pissed. Now I dont give a **** cause I dont care what happens to Nokia I have my N9 and I know its better than EFlop fail strategy

I guess I have too go for an Android device in some years cause there is NO WAY I got Microsoft!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-29 at 00:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Nokia decided to get raped by Microsoft and Elop likes to get Balllmers cock in his ***.
Teehee LOL

Actually the most appropriate way to describe the relationship berween Nokia and Microsoft is that Nokia is now Microsoft's whore to seduce users to WP7. How appropriate that Lumia means whore in Spanish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
-indeed I was surprised after removing the ugly silicon that a likewise ugly layer showed: is that it?

-a beautiful design does not demand to be hidden in an ugly silicon protector does it?

-my original Nokia leather carying case CP-553 is not compatible with the silicon cover. This is a silent hint that Nokia allows us to use it without the silicon cover and likes us to show of the beauty of naked polycarbonate and chrome.

-polycarbonate: fine, black polycarbonate better, coated black polycarbonate: worthy of a 700 Euro phone.

-the undampened noise when your fingernails touch the non coated PC sounds very cheap

-the touch does not feel luxury in my perception, and worse slippery

-Nokia phones need to be able to hit the floor hard in any direction

-no doubt the polycarbonate can hit the floor hard without deformation

-the screen however can't , read MNNM's post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79192&page=2

On top of that the screen is curved so the screen will easily touch the ground. It will also touch the table when you put it down.

No problem a it is gorillaTM glass, right?
Knock the silicone case all you want. I personally like the feel of silicone for the same reason I used to buy rugged phones back before smartphones existed - grippy = good. That's not to say that naked polycarbonate is going to fall out of your hands, rather that the more grip, the better, and I would coat my phone with the non-slip strips you find at the bottom of your bathtub if it wasn't for the fact that those strips would destroy my pants pockets. If you don't like silicone cases then you don't have to use them.

And I don't put my phones down screen-first, especially not a phone like the N9 where I derive benefit of having it face-up (i.e. the time on the display).

Last edited by solatic; 2011-10-29 at 01:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
Separate post for a separate comment:

I called AT&T today and spoke to a rep. I did not tell the rep that I wanted the $15/month data plan for an N9, specifically, but rather told the rep that I bought a phone abroad and wanted the $15/month unlimited data plan for basic phones. In other words, I let the rep assume that I had bought a basic phone, and did not lie to the rep directly. I also told the rep that I tried to get it in a store but that the store could not override the unknown IMEI problem in AT&T's system. The rep asked me for the IMEI number of my phone, which I gave to him - found on the N9 under Settings/About product/, so you don't need the original box when you call - and set it up for me.

All in all, pretty painless, so just to confirm for you guys - yes, the Nokia N9 will work with the $15/month unlimited data plans for non-smartphones on AT&T. You might not have to call if you already have the data plan on your line, but I doubt it. Just a reminder though - if you abuse it, you risk AT&T figuring out that you lied to them and getting cut off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
^can you use wifi hotspot?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by solatic View Post
And I don't put my phones down screen-first, especially not a phone like the N9 where I derive benefit of having it face-up (i.e. the time on the display).
Sometimes you don't get to choose how you or 'one of them others' puts your precious phone down.

When you put it on it's back, the contact point is the chrome inlay around the camera lens. Mine shows already minuscule scratches.

My 1st N900 is still like new,I love it so much that it never actually fell in an uggly way like Marxian describes about his N8.

I probable won't be able to bring up the same respect for this cheap Lumia clone anonymously running Maemo.

The only funny thing is that the new Windows phone sports the same "screen forward design" Grab my Amoled silicon boobs.

But hey the 800 is the hastily produced sample give away batch. The best is yet to come in 2012

We on the contrary will be stuck with this hardware till when?

This time really till it dies?

Hold your heart when it drops, see Elop grinning from the overcast sky, Time to upgrade to Windows phone.

Last edited by ste-phan; 2011-10-29 at 02:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

We on the contrary will be stuck with this hardware till when?

This time really till it dies?

Hold your heart when it drops, see Elop grinning from the overcast sky, Time to upgrade to Windows phone.
Nobody can force you to upgrade to Windows phone unless it is the only os left standing in the world. Too farfetched to even think of this.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????