Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
look like harmattan-dev is in maintenance and not closed if i refer to the tweet posted by Ville M. Vainio ‏@vivainio

FYI: harmattan-dev is under maintenance, not terminated /cc

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi Kojacker, hi all

sorry to bother you, although I fear it's kinda pointless to ask: what are the chances of getting a replacement N950?

As mentioned I'm having problems with the touch area of the display. I first noticed it when it was impossible to swipe down to close apps. After some testing it turned out that the touch area between 10px and 110px are not responding at all. Meaning: most of the status bar as well top buttons are pretty much "unreachable" for me.

The actual display is working well, it's just the touch area that had a problem from the beginning.

In the mean time I tried multiple versions of MeeGo but it seems it's a hardware issue. Or is that normal for the n950?

Alternative 1: Does anybody know where to get a new screen unit? There is a thread here but the company that once did replacements now doesn't do them anymore.

Alternative 2: Does anybody have a dead device with a working screen unit that he or she is willing to trade for something? Would love to get in touch with you.

Any thoughts / hints? Would love to hear from you all.

p.s. All in all it's not the end of the world - it's still ok to test my software on it, so it's a convenience issue mostly.

Last edited by dirksonguer; 2012-11-12 at 18:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
In the mean time I tried multiple versions of MeeGo but it seems it's a hardware issue. Or is that normal for the n950?
It is not normal. This is the only question I can answer in your post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
look like harmattan-dev is in maintenance and not closed if i refer to the tweet posted by Ville M. Vainio ‏@vivainio

This is great news. Hope to see the maintenance end soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I have received mine in the meantime, I'm so happy
SO happy you received it marrat Also, I can confirm that saidenesh5 has received his too.. so that's 2 from our list, here's who we have left to confirm:
  • Paolo Angelelli
  • fcrochik
  • netvandal (not yet)
  • kesrut
  • marmistrz
  • Wikiwide (not yet)

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post

Thanks Khertan, yep. Btw all you twitter users, Ville is a great source of help, news and updates on Qt development so you should all add him to your twitter feed if you haven't already. Also, I like to think of him as the Kerry King look-a-like of Qt.

Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi Kojacker, hi all

sorry to bother you, although I fear it's kinda pointless to ask: what are the chances of getting a replacement N950?

As mentioned I'm having problems with the touch area of the display. I first noticed it when it was impossible to swipe down to close apps. After some testing it turned out that the touch area between 10px and 110px are not responding at all. Meaning: most of the status bar as well top buttons are pretty much "unreachable" for me.

The actual display is working well, it's just the touch area that had a problem from the beginning.

Alternative 1: Does anybody know where to get a new screen unit? There is a thread here but the company that once did replacements now doesn't do them anymore.

Alternative 2: Does anybody have a dead device with a working screen unit that he or she is willing to trade for something? Would love to get in touch with you.

Any thoughts / hints? Would love to hear from you all.

p.s. All in all it's not the end of the world - it's still ok to test my software on it, so it's a convenience issue mostly.
Oh no dirksonguer.. that's rotten luck Hmm.. I'm not sure if there's any warranty with the N950 and I believe we have posted out the very last of the last remaining at Nokia. What we can do is to ask qwazix to reach out to the Nokia rep (once he gets all the details, hopefully later in the week) just to see if there's anything they can suggest. I think that might be a long shot though Hopefully we can get you some help from within the community. I understand what you mean about the convenience issue.. a lot of the options for networks etc are available from the status bar press.

Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Haven't been much of a Twitter user before, but now I have a reason to check it out. Thanks. Looking forward to the maintenance to end.
Get with the times jackburton Yep twitter is definitely your friend. I don't know anything about scratchbox as I don't develop on linux, could you use the Qt Creator IDE to develop within instead? For the meantime anyway?

If you're completely stuck without anything for Harmattan, I believe a version of the Qt SDK containing the Harmattan target, compilation tool chain and Qt creator is currently available for download via the following link:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...f8/Qt_SDK.html

Versions available
The Qt SDK is available in the following versions and installation packages:

32- or 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.1
32-bit Ubuntu Linux 10.04 or later.2
64-bit Ubuntu Linux 10.04 or later.2
64-bit Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
Description
The Qt SDK delivers a complete toolset that supports the creation of Qt apps. Its features include:

Qt and Qt Mobility APIs for Symbian, MeeGo, desktop, and simulator targets.
Qt Quick, Qt Quick Components, and the Qt Creator IDE to provide a complete solution for UI development.
Tools for Symbian, MeeGo, and desktop apps, including the use of native APIs.
Device binaries to enable apps created with the SDK to be run on Symbian phones.
But yes, the sooner the maintenance is over the better.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-11-12 at 22:38.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Btw all you twitter users, Ville is a great source of help, news and updates on Qt development so you should all add him to your twitter feed if you haven't already.
Haven't been much of a Twitter user before, but now I have a reason to check it out. Thanks. Looking forward to the maintenance to end.

Jack, is this the resource from harmattan-dev you were waiting for?

http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...n_Library.html

MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library
file name: meego_1.2_harmattan_developer_documentation_201204 24.zip

description: This developer library contains all the information needed for developing applications for the Nokia N9 device.

type: Document

topic: MeeGo Harmattan

language: English (en)

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Jack, is this the resource from harmattan-dev you were waiting for?

http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...n_Library.html
Excellent! This is exactly the documentation I need.

Now all I need is scratchbox installer.

According to the documentation (which I downloaded from the link you gave, thanks so much again!):

Downloading and installing Scratchbox

1. Download the Harmattan Platform SDK installer from MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Platform SDK downloads.

2. To provide executable permission to the script, enter the following command:
$ chmod +x harmattan-sdk-setup.py
Problem is that the download link is under maintenance, too.
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/platform-sdk

Does anybody have a mirror or copy of the scratchbox sdk installer?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Excellent! This is exactly the documentation I need.

Now all I need is scratchbox installer.

According to the documentation (which I downloaded from the link you gave, thanks so much again!):

Problem is that the download link is under maintenance, too.
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/platform-sdk

Does anybody have a mirror or copy of the scratchbox sdk installer?
here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip harmattan-sdk-setup.zip (66.7 KB, 77 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by schturman View Post
here you go...
sweeeeeeet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas