Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by wangiwan View Post
the keyset wont work on my astro decoder.. maybe it is for other astro decder..
Ah, yeah, it seems that there's more Astro hardware floating around than I had thought. The wiki page for Astro B.yond lists two different boxes built by Pace and one by Samsung, and the Jason Rumney blog was talking about a Phillips-made box. (And now that I look at it, that one might have been for something other than the B.yond service...)

I will go ahead and add the new LIRC file in. I'll see if I can come up with any other config files as well...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
You might already read this, but if not it can't hurt:
Our solution may lay here:

Alan,
These can be decoded, and they look like a version of CanalSat, except that the duration of the bits is 640 uSec instead of 500 uSec. So please go ahead an learn all the signals. The executor should be trivial to modify so that it sends the longer duration.
OK, the box uses Zaptor instead of CanalSatLD. Zaptor can be sent at either 57KHz or 36KHz. The upgrade from UEI shoots Zaptor at 57KHz, while your learns were at 36KHz.
Taken from: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/vi...asc&highlight=
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
You might already read this, but if not it can't hurt:
Yeah, actually, that's where I originally got my CanalSat info from. I'm following the info provided from that first quoted part. (The second quote comes from where their discussion wandered off to talking about an Altibox VIP1963 set-top box, and ends up on an entirely different protocol...)

I'm still not sure what exactly is causing the current issue with the VIP1853, but I'll push up an update with a modified check bit, which with luck will make things better.

(By the way, can you tell me if the current version of Pierogi is working for you on other devices? I should probably make sure whether this is a problem specifically with the CanalSat protocol, or with Pierogi as a whole...)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Pierogi 1.1.28 is now making its way into extras-devel. This one contains the tweak to the CanalSat protocol mentioned above; I'm crossing my fingers that it helps. Also, adds the other Astro B.yond keyset. Please give me a holler if you find any bugs!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I'll give you 20 dollars to get Eyetv working.
:-)

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I'll give you 20 dollars to get Eyetv working.
:-)
I could always use a little cash! But honestly, I do plan on finally getting the LIRC server running on a box with an IR receiver pretty soon; once that happens, my Eyetv remote will be the first one I try out...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
for the new update.. pierogi still not work on my astro decoder.. i dont know what model is for my astro decoder.. but i really appreciate ur effort to make it work.. thanx for that.. i will search which model is my astro decoder soon.. thanx..

i found my decoder model.. it is..

The model number of the new generation of PVR that Astro use is Samsung GX-AS730SF

and here is the link for my astro decoder info..

http://astrobyondinfo.weebly.com/ast...r-and-vod.html

maybe it can help.. or not.. anyway.. thanx so much..

Last edited by wangiwan; 2014-03-28 at 15:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to wangiwan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wangiwan View Post
The model number of the new generation of PVR that Astro use is Samsung GX-AS730SF
Aha! So, you've got the latest and greatest version of the Astro hardware. Yeah, since the Samsung box is completely different from their previous devices, it probably does have a completely different remote...

I don't know if I'll be able to find a config file specifically for that box, but I'll try adding some other Samsung keysets; one of them might work for you...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

I'm still not sure what exactly is causing the current issue with the VIP1853, but I'll push up an update with a modified check bit, which with luck will make things better.

(By the way, can you tell me if the current version of Pierogi is working for you on other devices? I should probably make sure whether this is a problem specifically with the CanalSat protocol, or with Pierogi as a whole...)
My samsung TV is working great from about 6m distance. So it isn't a global Pierogi problem. Unfortunately, with the new version the VIP1853 is still not working.
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Another idea:

I have an 600D and the pierogi remote works beautiful for single shot photos. Timelapse is nothing else than repeating the same command with a certain interval... Right now timelapse only can be done using a usbcable and shoot tethered with my laptop. Doing this with the N900 would be much more comfortable than carrying around a laptop and a clumsy cable.

So my question would it be easy to implement a timelapse possibility without buying a expensive remote?

Maybe this would be better as a small fork which is only meant for controlling cameras, as i have seen other camera keysets as well.
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control