Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
In my tests the restoring of battery level seemed to be extremely sensitive to the delays in the script between stop bme/start bme. The examples in the recipe were for values I found working and are quite conservative. Ie. the longer the delay between restarting bme the more likely it seemed to work.
Again failed with a stop time of 15sec in script.
Next time I check out schturmans script with 5 sec.
When I used
Code:
/sbin/stop bme; /sbin/start bme
in terminal (with ~1 sec. visible delay), I had no issues at all
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
If you want with notifications, this commands i use:
When rule activates:
Code:
sh -c "dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32:0 uint32:0 string:'device' string:'' string:'  Restarting BME !!!' string:'' string:'/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/icon-m-settings-battery.png' uint32:0 && echo root | devel-su -c '/sbin/initctl stop bme && sleep 10 && /sbin/initctl start bme && sleep 30 && /sbin/initctl stop bme && sleep 30 && /sbin/initctl start bme'"
When rule deactivates:
Code:
sh -c "dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32:0 uint32:0 string:'device' string:'' string:'  BME restarted !!!' string:'' string:'/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/icon-m-settings-notification.png' uint32:0"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Hello,

I'm planning on making a new release that includes new translations next wednesday. So far czech is ready as a new language to be included.

These languages are in progress but not yet complete enough to include:

- Swedish (90%)
- Polish (79%)

If these can be made complete before wednesday, that'd be great and will be included.

Spanish is 98% and will be included, but if the author or someone else has time to do the little update all the better.

Thanks to every translator for the great work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Is there any benefit in using Schturmans' command instead of the script (besides not getting the notifications)?
It's just how you prefer to do it.

There is a list for application requests on Sailfish at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90245

ProfileMatic (or equivalent) is on that list. Any ideas yet if PM will run on my Jolla device?

Just to encourage this kind of plans a bit, I can tell you that ProfileMatic on Sailfish would most certainly bring in at least one donation.

The Following User Says Thank You to kkarioja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kkarioja View Post
ProfileMatic (or equivalent) is on that list. Any ideas yet if PM will run on my Jolla device?
I do hope so. Definitely it is my intention at the moment to port it, if it's possible, once I get a Sailfish device.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I do hope so. Definitely it is my intention at the moment to port it, if it's possible, once I get a Sailfish device.
Thanks, it's must app on our next device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Another vote for ProfileMatic.

You guys are so lucky to be in one of the chosen European countries. We're in Singapore and can't even preorder the 100 Euro one :-(.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
We're in Singapore and can't even preorder the 100 Euro one :-(.
Same for Australia...
Although I'm not in a hurry, I need to know a bit more about everything before committing 100%.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I use a rule for GSM only with certain cell ids. (How) can this automagically switch back to 2G +3G when leaving those specified cells?
Current Maemo Community Council member