Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
It's called MeeCatalog ...
(N9/50 only )
I tried it, and, I think, many people here have tried it.. but.. it's not exactly what I mean.. and it has not so many apps, it's not so funny and complete!

I mean.. a Community Store could/should have also Beta versions, and other kind of levels, that Nokia Store can't offer!

in MeeCatalog there are very very very few apps..

let's just say that the infrastructure is already there, so why create another one? Developers have to take advantage of it insteas, I'm pointing at MeeCatalogue

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
There is also apps4meego but the future of this is uncertain. (Currently it seems to be down)

On the other hand a full-fledged store requires manpower we don't have, we can barely promote packages to maemo 5 extras as is. So I think it's better to have a simpler system that works than a complicated one that doesn't.

So even if a4m was secure, we maybe wouldn't be able to run it anyway. It's a pity to lose it, but I'd sacrifice it any day to save more important things.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
There is also apps4meego but the future of this is uncertain. (Currently it seems to be down)

On the other hand a full-fledged store requires manpower we don't have, we can barely promote packages to maemo 5 extras as is. So I think it's better to have a simpler system that works than a complicated one that doesn't.

So even if a4m was secure, we maybe wouldn't be able to run it anyway. It's a pity to lose it, but I'd sacrifice it any day to save more important things.
a4m.org seems to be still running. a4m.com is indeed down.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
a4m.org seems to be still running. a4m.com is indeed down.
Was there an a4m.com? a4m.org I thought was the only one...It is running but has ceased maintenance or whatever as you can see on the a4m client on device; apps from A-O are not present and I think its more than a month already...

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Was there an a4m.com? a4m.org I thought was the only one...It is running but has ceased maintenance or whatever as you can see on the a4m client on device; apps from A-O are not present and I think its more than a month already...
I downloaded a4m client to my n950 yesterday and there are the apps present..

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I downloaded a4m client to my n950 yesterday and there are the apps present..
Yes there are apps present; like I said apps named with an initial between A to O are missing...Check it out

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by palikao View Post
This thread is just to launch a proposal: why not creating a store with apps coming from the community, without control of Nokia?
Hi'

So let me get this right.. you would like an app store based on apps made by the community ?.. A collection of all apps made for the n9/n900/n950 right ?...

I will admit this could come in handy..

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
BTW, is the apps.formeego.com site source somewhere ? Maybe a community maintained instance could be spawned provided enough people are interested in investing their time and resources in hosting & improving it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
BTW, is the apps.formeego.com site source somewhere ? Maybe a community maintained instance could be spawned provided enough people are interested in investing their time and resources in hosting & improving it.
I don't think we could afford to maintain yet another web site, maybe it would be better to ensure that all applications are available from razor's repository and then we could work on improving the community repository experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: