Active Topics

Okay, after stumbling across this thread, I played with the new music service on my N9. I live in the States, so the purchase service is at least partially crippled, but you can still download free music and listen to streaming music via the streams on the music store home screen and the free genre streams. I selected the U.K. as my country.

HINT: If you go to the search button and type in "free" you will get an album's worth of free tunes that ANYONE can download. Niiiiice. Feel free to hit my thanks button on that one.

HINT 2: You can get a free preview of any song on the service by hitting the picture of the song album, instead of the amount charged.

Hint 3: You can download a song and listen to a preview at the same time.

Hint 4: You may be able to buy the songs using the pre-pay service offered in the store. Hopefully, some brave soul located here in the States will get some pre-pay cash and let us know if that service works here. I suspect that it might, but I don't want to buy any music at the moment, so has anyone tried the pre-pay yet?

I did check to see if we could apply the music store UK£ to U.S. App Store purchases in US$, but it looked like a no-go.

The pre-pay option is accessed through the accounts icon in the store. If you prepay £20 or more you get credited with extra bonus money, thus free music. IF IT WORKS IN THE STATES, that is.

Final Hint: The song, 'You Can Be Happy' by I AM X was free for download by anyone when I was in the store earlier.

IF YOU FIND FREE SONGS IN THE STORE, PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE, SO THAT THE REST OF US WILL KNOW, TOO.

Take care and happy listening.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Was this the zdnet article?

Last week Nokia rolled out Nokia Music for the Lumia 710 and Lumia 900 devices here in the US. Nokia Music was a Lumia exclusive service released with the Lumia 800 outside the US, but it took almost a year to get it up and running here. I have been using it on both my Nokia Lumia 900 and Nokia N9 MeeGo device (yes, it runs on the N9 here in the US now too) since the release and have removed Spotify from both of these devices as this new FREE meets MY mobile music listening needs. Let's take an in-depth look at Nokia Music on the Lumia 900 and if you have a Lumia 900 or 710 I highly recommend you give it a try, it won't cost you anything but your time.
(Emphasis, mine.)

Nevertheless, I still don't find USA in the list of countries, and nothing from Nokia that confirms this either. I guess by "runs on the N9 here in the US" that could still mean: "if you choose UK as your country."

Anyone found anything different?

Yeah, there is no USA option, so I choose the UK as country.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Hi Everyone,

By mistake or better to say by being naive i chose a very boring country for the Music Store on my N9. Since then, i've been wondering if i could change the setting somehow, but nothing came to my mind and i could not find any related info (please correct me if mistaken) on the forum. The application clearly states that once chosen the country cannot be changed, but now i wonder if the application itself could be uninstalled and reinstalled repeating the selection process.

Anyone have tried before? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot as usual!

Regards,

Me

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Have you searched the hidden folders in /home/user (or /home/user/MyDocs) for any relevant configuration file?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Silly me, the config file is really there. I just deleted it and violá, i can reconfigure the whole thing.

Thanks a lot, here you see the difference between a developer and a plain user like me.

Regards,

Originally Posted by jmsarriat View Post
Silly me, the config file is really there. I just deleted it and violá, i can reconfigure the whole thing.

Thanks a lot, here you see the difference between a developer and a plain user like me.

Regards,
could you tell me what the file is and where i can find it?
thx

Hi,

The configuration file is located in: /home/user/.config/Nokia/Morpheus.conf

Once deleted if you open the music store it will ask you again for the country you want. however after a few minutes it will say that it seems that the selected country is not correct for my country or region and it resets the location to the boring country where i live.

It may get some info from the Nokia account, perhaps.

I'll try to open a new Nokia account, activate it and relaunch the Music Store, may be then i'll have more luck.

Keep us up to date with your experiences. We may come together with a better solution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmsarriat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by jmsarriat View Post
Hi,

The configuration file is located in: /home/user/.config/Nokia/Morpheus.conf

Once deleted if you open the music store it will ask you again for the country you want. however after a few minutes it will say that it seems that the selected country is not correct for my country or region and it resets the location to the boring country where i live.

It may get some info from the Nokia account, perhaps.

I'll try to open a new Nokia account, activate it and relaunch the Music Store, may be then i'll have more luck.

Keep us up to date with your experiences. We may come together with a better solution.
Try a full reflash (rootfs + emmc)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

@jmsarriat
Didn't know the music store config file was Morpheus, thanks for pointing it out.
I have the same problem as you with a boring store. Therefore I go for the UK one, which also includes Nokia radio...
So the only advice I could give you to bypass the pop up message saying it's the wrong country... Is once you run the music store, tap quickly on one of the top tiles (pop music or dance etc) it will go to the radio player and play some related tune. However it doesn't always work, message might pop up, close and do it again.... It really does work for me.
Try it and confirm.
Or if you or someone else has a better solution please help.
Thanks