Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
don_falcone: There are Mer builds as well, so you can test it in PlasmaActive and Nemo.
AFAIK there are desktop builds too, I guess he can test them either, but the question was about Maemo (read Fremantle)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Desktop builds aren't so interesting to test, since they don't expose the specifics of various mobile devices. Mer builds are armv7hl, so they are targeted for mobile use cases. I test it on Nexus 7 for example with Plasma Active, but you can as well do it on N900 or N9 with Nemo.

Desktop builds aren't so interesting to test, since they don't expose the specifics of various mobile devices. Mer builds are armv7hl, so they are targeted for mobile use cases. I test it on Nexus 7 for example with Plasma Active, but you can as well do it on N900 or N9 with Nemo.
Last time I've checked, Nemo brings n900 to its knees. Only OS running. I can't imagine what will happen if you start gecko (which needs > 50MB of RAM at least) on that and try to use it.

Though my info regarding Nemo could be outdated as well and nowadays Nemo could be running lightning fast on n900.

The point is that by running some exotic non-native binaries, one would not get the correct impression what embedLite is capable of. IMO. Not that I stop anyone to try

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
there are developing embedlite fennec, desktop builds are not embed

@freemangordon: What can you do. N900 is rather limited as is, so you don't have much room for maneuver there. I didn't test Nemo on it really. After I'll get Jolla's device I'll put Nemo on N950 for testing. You can always get the latest build and try running it - it could indeed improve since last time you tried.

@coderus: Embed here refers not to embedded devices, but to embedding the Gecko engine in a separate abstraction from the interface It can work even on the desktop and potentially be better than current Mozilla's processing design.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-01-25 at 18:51.

Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Yep, that did the trick. I would normally do this on a redhat system or similar. Didn't occur to me to do it for the N9.
I also had to install libpango1.0-0, libpango1.0-common and libxft2.

Now it's "working" :-)
Despite exporting the library path, it's still not working for me :-( It keeps telling me the "segmentation failure" error mentioned before. Do I have to install libpango and the other packages? If so, what it's the command to accomplish that? I tried it via dpkg already, it told me something with "permission denied" (aegis). Any help is appreciated!

Edit: It tells me that /opt/mozbuildhm/libxpcom.so is missing. I checked the tar-archive if this file simply hasn't been extracted, but this file isn't there even in the tar-archive! I don't get that...

Last edited by meegofan; 2013-01-25 at 19:30.

@freemangordon: What can you do. N900 is rather limited as is, so you don't have much room for maneuver there. I didn't test Nemo on it really. After I'll get Jolla's device I'll put Nemo on N950 for testing. You can always get the latest build and try running it - it could indeed improve since last time you tried.

@coderus: Embed here refers not to embedded devices, but to embedding gecko engine in a separate process
You still miss my point - I have working build for fremantle, which (with some maemo5 specific optimizations) renders TMO and FB with 40-50 fps. That is what I can do. And I will provide usable binaries as soon as qwazix is ready with the UI and we integrate it with embedLite. There are some of us who will use Fremantle/n900 after you get your Jolla device and I, being one of those, am trying to produce something that is useful on day-to-day basis, not just a POC.

EDIT:
BTW even if we fail to bring working embedLite on fremantle, if qwazix finishes his job, we'll have a nice QtWebKit browser with QML UI

Community SSU developer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2013-01-25 at 19:04.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Does embedlite use the normal firefox profile folder for bookmarks, sync, history and such? Are those functions there or do we have to implement them from scratch?

For example the add bookmark button should just call a function that will be hooked to embedlite, or should I implement a way to save bookmarks? The same goes for history etc.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
its all ui stuff and we should implement it self ++D

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Does embedlite use the normal firefox profile folder for bookmarks, sync, history and such? Are those functions there or do we have to implement them from scratch?
In my chats with sergey my understanding was that was all planned to be there, but that was some time ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
thread derailed