Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
https://sailfishos.org//core-gestures-article.html

also pulley menu comes by swiping down in the app, think like refreshing twitter

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
https://sailfishos.org//core-gestures-article.html

also pulley menu comes by swiping down in the app, think like refreshing twitter
In addition to what qwazix says, you can easly confirm this with the SDK. If you start the swipe from within the screen (aka "pull"), you get the pulley menu. If you start the swipe from above the screen (aka "push", hard enough to do with the SDK but possible nonetheless), you go back to the list of apps.

I've just confirmed it.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
1080p playback? That only makes sense if the screen is 1080p
The usual issue is having 1080p videos laying around and wanting to play them on your mobile device. Transcoding them to lower resolution might not be trivial and even quite time demanding if you are transcoding to 720p, not to some lower resolution. Also stuf like metadata, embedded subtitle tracks or additional audio tracks might get lost during that. It is just not very convenient and most of the generic Chinese phones/tablets do that just fine due to mainstream SOCs supporting that in hardware.

which I doubt as it'd be too small anyway, _or_ you have another half that has HDMI [or equivalent] output and you can use your phone as a proper media player.
Yeah, thats another possible use.

Last edited by MartinK; 2013-05-26 at 14:23. Reason: fix formating

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Closing apps by pushing down is not included in sdk.

See the release notes known issues:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Known_Issues

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-05-26 at 14:18.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Closing apps by pushing down is not included in sdk.
You are correct, even though the release notes don't say that, but the pages do include: "A push from the top closes the app".

So, same as N9 then.

You are correct, even though the release notes don't say that, but the pages do include: "A push from the top closes the app".
The release notes say it:

The gesture plugin is outdated; Push down does not terminate applications; other gestures are not available on the Emulator.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
They also say that:

Landscape mode is not yet implemented.
Note the "yet".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
To ggabriel, I got to try nexus 7 few times and the capability of it being able to playback all of my x264 movies on SMB drive streamed over is simply amazing, I want my next phone to be able to do that. About reencoding for proper playback, no I don't want to reencode all my videos to suite smaller screen in case I suddenly want to watch them.

Has anyone thought about the difference between the Jolla Ltd Edition and a regular Jolla? Could it be different hardware? They say it could work with both AMOLED and LCD could the limited edition be AMOLED? They say it could work with different hardware? Could the limited edition be a small run of the ST-Erricson which is probably available sooner than there new sourced parts? I can see how easy a special edition Other Half is to create but what is the Limited Edition Jolla?

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red