Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
EnyTrip is much better, there is no ambiguity in how should be read. EnYTrip causes the reader to wonder if it is supposed to be pronounced En -why-trip or enytrip or e-en-why-trip.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bs, Italy
I think so too, so go for EnyTrip.
Thanks a lot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netvandal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Can any one list the apps which have been made for N900 in particular in this competition? just wanted to give em a try .. thanks in adv.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Alright just had a glance over kojacker's previous posts ,helped a lot .Other than that i think i should request to all the devs ,If it is not much of a headache thingy then do consider a port of your meego application to maemo 5 . We would love to have it .thanks in adv.

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by imo View Post
Can any one list the apps which have been made for N900 in particular in this competition? just wanted to give em a try .. thanks in adv.
I think that when voting starts that there will be list of all applications, for each app there will be 2 screenshots and brief information and links to downloads. At that time we should be able to test all apps which are in competition

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I'd ask you not to make any feature updates, even teeny weeny ones, if you can. The voting period should only be a couple of weeks. Work on them, but don't push them to the repository if you can. If it's something that happens or comes about because of a bug fix then maybe that can't be helped. We wouldn't expect you to disable the feature again It's such a grey area, because to be honest there's someone who always breaks this rule if they mean to do it or not.. I understand it's awkward and sometimes frustrating.
Hi kojacker, I'm actively working on the app and have already made a new version (0.1.0), which I announced on the respective TMO thread. It's also checked into the code repository mentioned in the description.

However the version for the competition (0.0.2) is still available on the original download link given on the competition entry page.

Is it ok to continue working on the app (and checking into the repo) as long as the original download link (and file) stays untouched? When people want to look at the code for that given version, I can provide the link to the given release as well.

Last edited by dirksonguer; 2012-09-14 at 16:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi kojacker, I'm actively working on the app and have already made a new version (0.1.0), which I announced on the respective TMO thread. It's also checked into the code repository mentioned in the description.

However the version for the competition (0.0.2) is still available on the original download link given on the competition entry page.

Is it ok to continue working on the app (and checking into the repo) as long as the original download link (and file) stays untouched? When people want to look at the code for that given version, I can provide the link to the given release as well.
As a fellow competitor, my personal opinion is don't confuse the voters. You also cannot expect them to not be biased against the updates you post if they do indeed download the latest version.

I'm holding back any new versions of my app from the repos except for bug fixes from the repos for this reason. I don't think it would be fair to offer up a newer, better version of my app and have somebody consider those improvements in their voting decision.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imo View Post
Hi imo, there's no such list currently. The closest thing we have is the participants table on the wiki, which has a column for the platform. You can click on the column header and it will automatically sort them by platform. However half of it is missing entries. Even the submissions I have, many of them do not contain info on which device they run in the application description. I find myself having to hunt down clues from the announce threads or even just guessing from the screenshots Once I have all the submissions in the voting threads, I plan to go back and flesh that column out in the wiki with the final data - but that's like the final thing to do. In the meantime you can join me on the treasure hunt

I really don't know if I want to open threads and make 100 posts for the entries, I don't even know if I can without the forum booting me off as a spammer :P I might just have to batch them into 5-6 a post.

I must admit, I was expecting this problem today from you. I noticed this post on Wednesday

Quick update:

I found an example with a working helper class I used as base, so sharing via standard share ui works. (FYI: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ic_App_with_Qt)

I'm wrapping it up for release 0.1.0, which will be the public beta release. Expect it on Friday..
I was actually writing this post at the same time, and added the second paragraph after reading your post hoping you and others might pay attention to it.

I'm afraid it's pretty evident that you've broken one of the rules of the competition, as not only have you built the new code but you've linked and sharing on your thread...

Hi all,

I just checked in Version 0.1.0, which is the public beta build for the first official release. Feel free to install and test it and please report any bugs you might find.

Changelog:

* Added sharing to photo detail page
* Optimized code
* Better alignment of user profile data
* New icon
* Updated Instago description text
* App name now capital "Instago"

The .deb file is available here:
[edit: snip]

Source is here:

Please report bugs either in this thread or here:

If the public beta goes well this will be published to the store as step 1 (Implement as much features as possible without actually authenticating).

Happy testing!
As I said on Monday on this thread, I don't mind you working on new features - that's great! However pushing them but especially releasing them is against the competition rules.

As a way to fix this situation and remain in the competition, I would ask that you remove the deb and the link to the new release. If that is not possible, please let me know asap so we have time to make adjustments.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-14 at 18:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Kojacker, I noticed your note just today and wrote as soon as I did. Sounds stupid, but I was too busy preparing the new release. Stupid of me not to check the rules and thread that is.

So here is the thing: I removed the download file (removed, not deprecated) and the posts but there is nothing I can do about the checked in code and .deb in the repo as Google Code does not allow rollbacks and removes.

Closing the project might be a way but then the link is gone too. I will look into it when I get home (I'm on the move atm).

Sorry all, escpecially my fellow competing coders. Please share your view like @jackburton, so we can figure this out. If you agree that this was not fair I will retreat from the competition.

Edit: According to the statistics 24 people already downloaded the 0.1.0 already. Nothing I can do about this either. See http://www.freeimagehosting.net/imglx

Edit 2: I just found this (didn't know it before): http://my-meego.com/software/applica...uto=1858&faq=9. The version you can download there is v0.0.2, which is the one I submitted to the competition, so no harm done.

Last edited by dirksonguer; 2012-09-15 at 09:37.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Kojacker, I noticed your note just today and wrote as soon as I did. Sounds stupid, but I was too busy preparing the new release. Stpid of me not to check the rules and thread that is.

So here is the thing: I removed the download file (removed, not deprecated) and the posts but there is nothing I can do about the checked in code and .deb in the repo as Google Code does not allow rollbacks and removes.

Closing the project might be a way but then the link is gone too. I will look into it when I get home (I'm on the move atm).

Sorry all, escpecially my fellow competing coders. Please share your view like @jackburton, so we can figure this out. If you agree that this was not fair I will retreat from the competition.
Thanks dirksonguer I understand it was an honest mistake, and we definitely don't want you to retreat from the competition. We should be able to work something out and removing the link is a big help (which I'm just realising Im sharing in the quoted post above .. will remove..). It would be nice if there was some way to remove the new deb, the code I don't mind too much - if someone's smart enough to compile and build that there isn't much you can do about it. Hmm .. we can't roll back time so just doing the best around the Google Code restrictions to cover anything ever happened

Goodness knows you're probably not the first and certainly won't be the last to break this rule (judging by experience in the previous competitions ) But we have to try our best to keep everything fair for everyone as much as we can.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-14 at 19:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas