1 - N9 is for techies..
2 - Iphone is for dummies..
3 - Android is for dummies+techies..
is this rite?
Blackberry was popular,
But now they are few.
The Android's for most techies
But the iPhone's for you!
i hope u dun mean me,cos im no.1 iphone hater!
Man, I don't know what to tell you, then. I mean.. you DID have to ask the question, after all, and the iPhone DOES have a spell-checker, which I see you will need.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
it seems to me Nokia only shipping ONE device per week until people get so upset soo every cancel theyr orders and go for something else

And Nokia closing a factory and fire 3500 people. Now will THAT fix Nokias problem with not release devices in time!? I doubt...

what the hell is going on
Are you saying that those workers need to quit complaining, make enough of these phones QUICKLY before they're fired, so that you can get yours?

They really should fire Elop so that the workers feel happy enough to improve productivity. Chances are, knowing you or your coworkers are GOING to lose your jobs is a pretty good demotivator. I wonder if Elop has a bunch of those Demotivational posters all over his office and the hallways--takes them seriously--not realizing that they're NOT motivational posters.

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
What Elop is trying to do is stop that little marketing thing they call 'cannibalism' which is bound to happen in those big markets. It would've ended up being Nokia n9 vs Nokia WP7....now he can't possibly have that cuz distribution of n9 is so limited. He needs to save face with the WP7 strategy he chose. This is one way of forcing it on consumers. Using the Nokia brand power but with ONE choice of platform.
What you call 'cannibalism,' would have been called 'diversity' by the many other handset makers producing handsets in the same market with more than one operating system (Samsung, HTC, etc.). :P Given Nokia's plummeting market share, stock and relevance even in areas where they've been successful, it might have been a far wiser strategy.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So do you reckon they're pulling exactly the same crap they did with the N900?
Isn't this time round supposed to be different, that's what they've been selling us.
This time they're serious, this is their mass-market/consumer-focussed iteration of Maemo/N900.
Step i of 5?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Speaker volume comparison with galaxy S2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxFdecD7yI

10:01 Looks like a Russian Nokia rep showing two other people the phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylyPgey2rM
Russians know how to party man!
I think there must've been an launch in Thailand in the last few days, weird how nothing's been reported.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuxjVNkrLw&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUzt...eature=related

Throughout the 2nd vid, you can hear Nokia regional manager/s in background, talking about strategy for WP/MeeGo/Symbian.
I can't quite make out what they're saying, the accent of one sounds like he's a Kiwi (New Zealander).
I'd love to know how to lessen/remove the sound in the foreground, & pronounce the sound in the background.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-02 at 10:26.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Why argue with someone who has clearly not used it, and just seems to want to spread FUD. There are more important things to worry about like getting that elusive n9 or at least some more info on its distribution

@qwazix
I didn't get that problem, that MUST suck horribly!!!! is this post Mango update? I wonder if the other devices have that problem as well. My experiences have been with the Omnia 7
This is pre mango and post mango-beta, the real mango hasn't appeared yet. Maybe it's device specific, but as older windows mobile had a lag too I thought it' just some CE leftover. It does suck horribly, everybody hears only the secohnd irritated hello.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have no information at this moment about distribution outside of Mexico City, but once I do - I'll contact you directly.
Did you get prices for the N9's yet that you will be getting from Mexico?

Only 16GB, 8000 pesos.
He's still waiting on 64GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
OK 8000 pesos is coming up as 369.257552 British pounds, is this before or after tax?.

Those of you who already have your N9, what is the software version?

Will there be an ability to flash the phone manually just like N900?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The Harmattan browser has always had text reflow.
Ah, I didn't realize that....
I don't remember seeing any site I visit on n950 having text reflow on zoom in?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Russians know how to party man!
I think there must've been an launch in Thailand in the last few days, weird how nothing's been reported.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuxjVNkrLw&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUzt...eature=related

Throughout the 2nd vid, you can hear Nokia regional manager/s in background, talking about strategy for WP/MeeGo/Symbian.
I can't quite make out what they're saying, the accent of one sounds like he's a Kiwi (New Zealander).
I'd love to know how to lessen/remove the sound in the foreground, & pronounce the sound in the background.
I have a friend, Harry Caul, who can do that. He passed the audio through several filters and got a good result. He would not provide me with the filtered audio track, but did give me a transcript. For security reasons I refer to the two individuals as Bill and Ben.

Bill: "Hi, my name's Bill. I work in strategy. What's your name? I haven't seen you before."

Ben: "My name's Ben. I work in marketing. What's the latest news on this Meltemi thing?"

Bill: "It's a Linux OS for low end devices. It's just a minor thing. It was only supposed to be on a million phones, but some clown misheard and the slogan became 'the next billion'. Ballmer hit the fvckin' roof. Chairs flying everywhere. He doesn't like all this talk of a billion phones running Linux, even the heavily gimped, locked-down type."

Ben: "It's going to be tough selling a billion of anything, given that we've been screwing our customers for the last few years. I think the N9 will be a hit, though."

Bill: "Nah. We've only produced 92,000 of the things. The boss is making sure that it will be buried. We've got some WP devices that will be announced soon. That should do it."

Ben: "I see. What about this Tizen thingy? Do you see that as being a threat to WP?"

Bill: "We're pretty sure that it will fail, although with Samsung involved, there is a slight chance of success. Had we been on the inside, we could have been certain of failure. Now we'll just have to rely on Intel and The Linux Foundation to fvck it up."

Ben: "That might not be enough to guarantee the success of WP though. Sales haven't been to great."

Bill: "Ballmer's going to see to that one. He's meeting the execs from the big carriers later. In the conference room, there's at least 50 chairs, but there are only 15 people attending. I heard Ballmer insisted on extra chairs. No idea what he wants with them."

Bill: "Hey! What's that under your shirt? Are you wearing a wire. Motherfvcker!"

*gunshot*

My website

GitHub

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????