Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
There is a countdown on the jolla.com for the start of the second pre-order campaign.

23 hours and 50 minutes to go at the moment.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
There is a countdown on the jolla.com for the start of the second pre-order campaign.

Yes i saw it already, but only for Finland, sadly.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by OVK View Post

now we are talking! Jolla has finally learned something. A countdown is always needed and make it more exciting...

BR
Countdown Master

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
No. libhybris is not a replacement for bioinc to run anything from Android. It's another way around. It replaces some parts of bionic in the context of certain bionic based libraries (such as GPU userspace blobs), to enable running glibc based code while using those libraries.

I.e. it works like this (if I understood correctly):

Linux Application <-> Wayland <-> bionic based blob <-> libhybris <-> glibc

That's because in normal case it would be (well in the best case it won't be a blob at all, it would be a kernel driver, but that's a different story):

Linux Application <-> Wayland <-> glibc based blob <-> glibc.

It has nothing to do with running Android applications.
Come here to say the same.

Rouge speaking, libhybris is not to run android apps, was made to run, but not exclusive, closed android gfx drivers in whatever android supported SoC with whatever graphic server you want (X11, Wayland) and make the bionic -> glibc translation. Has nothing to do with Myriad Dalvik or emulation.

EDIT: stskeeps himself explains it better than i do

Last edited by Hariainm; 2013-09-18 at 20:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Stskeeps rules! Great text. I like him better when he communicate his smart thoughts that way than small and cryptic posts here.

Keep up the cool work.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
If it can translate a driver, it can also translate any other binary. You still need a dalvik implementation (where possibly the 3rd party technology comes in) but native android apps can be run on gnu/linux with libhybris.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
If it can translate a driver, it can also translate any other binary. You still need a dalvik implementation (where possibly the 3rd party technology comes in) but native android apps can be run on gnu/linux with libhybris.
Of course. As said, is not only exclusive for drivers, also other binaries, libraries... but what i meant is that libhybris was created, not only, but with the first purpose in mind, of being able to use all the SoCs / mobile platforms with Android support (Snapdragon, Tegra, Exynos, NovaThor...) in a non-android mobile distribution, and not having the restrictions of using only one platform (OMAP, which is a great and well documented platform, but TI is one of the very few companies offering Linux support in their products)

Last edited by Hariainm; 2013-09-18 at 22:44.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Perhaps their current collaboration with Myriad is substantially different to what we originally heard many mths ago...
Perhaps libhybris is now far more central to Sailfish's ACL than was originally planned, or perhaps not, we just don't know enough yet.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-19 at 05:34.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Second Pre-order is open for Finland now:

Originally Posted by jolla.com
Pre-order your Jolla today

Pre-order your Jolla smartphone and join the movement. A quality Jolla pipo for the winter is included. We will deduct the 100€ of the price of your Jolla when it becomes available for the final purchase.

Participate in the pre-order campaign and purchase the device when it becomes available. Pay no more than 399 € (including VAT). The 100€ discount is valid through 30th of June 2014 - it is personal and non-transferable, nor can it be exchanged for money. No purchase necessary.

The Jolla pipo will be shipped 2 to 4 weeks after the campaign has ended. We will inform you via e-mail when your Jolla is ready to be shipped.

Previous pre-orders will be prioritised.

FAQ

Login with existing account or fill in the info below
Badly there are no new pictures or specifications released...

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Second Pre-order is open for Finland now:

Badly there are no new pictures or specifications released...
lets wait till end of this week..

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red