What is CSSU-Devel?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cssu-devel
---

As for including KP as part of CSSU, it would be great, but I think that You should forward this request to CSSU maintainers = merlin1991 and MAG.

Unofficial background (warning, presenting story as per my knowledge and view, may contain not 100% precise informations):

It seems that one certain person involved in CSSU testing is obstructing this idea, and maintainers are under his influence, when it comes to this matter. Reasons presented are coming from "good will", but are of rather disputable merit.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Hi, I don't want to make "doublons" but I can't install CSSU: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85371
Who can help me, please? :'(

@judibet, tell us, what's the problem, we're not telepaths.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
wrond thread.
delete please!

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
As for including KP as part of CSSU, it would be great, but I think that You should forward this request to CSSU maintainers = merlin1991 and MAG.

Unofficial background (warning, presenting story as per my knowledge and view, may contain not 100% precise informations):

It seems that one certain person involved in CSSU testing is obstructing this idea, and maintainers are under his influence, when it comes to this matter. Reasons presented are coming from "good will", but are of rather disputable merit.

/Estel
Could you come up with ONE (just one) argument based on not so disputable merit and competence why CSSU *needs* a new kernel? Which of the packages that come with maemo default install and thus don't care about their dependencies by themselves is suffering from a defect in stock kernel?

your wording about "under influence" is rather disrespecting and denigrating the competence and intelligence of those maintainers. If their notion about the topic is more like mine than like yours, they will have chosen this notion based on their own experience (what's your experience and competence/ merit btw? besides being the shortest term council chair ever?). Now when you don't like that fact of merlin1991 and MohammadAG (and several others) agreeing with me about what CSSU should and shouldn't do, please desist from badmouthing active contributing community members like mohammadAG and merlin1991 like that. You actually are lacking any merit for doing that.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-07-09 at 22:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is no need for kernel-power to be integrated into cssu, because you could easily install them on your device separately.
If you wish, or stay away if you mind a custom kernel.
This way the user has a wide variety of choices.

There is also no need at all to discuss this in this thread!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
[...]
I'm also concerned that all the development seems to be in the Thumb2 branch these days, so sooner or later a lot of people will move to this "fork" of CSSU.
CSSU and CSSU-thumb actually (should) differ in a compiler option only. So it's irrelevant in which branch development takes place, as one push of a button later the other branch is up to date
Patches so unclean that they can't compile for a non-thumb platform should get rejected anyway, since after all that's linux and we generally try to be good developers that care about trying to upstream their contributions.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-07-09 at 21:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
IMO, cssu doesn't need such an advanced kernel as kp. Omap + thumb patches will be way better for a potential cssu-kernel than a full featured power-kernel.

CSSU is meant to be as official update, so we don't need features like OC and hostmode.

I'm not the best in writing things down, but I think I have made my point
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
so is the update already out?
apt-get upgrade doesn't find anything...

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life