Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi!

My N9 has a very annoying problem. Since the PR1.3. Update (and quite exactly since then) it sometimes asks me for the PIN code without any indication. Sometimes it happens 10 times a day, then it doesn't happen for 2 weeks.
Also, not very often, the "Enter PIN" Screen comes up for a few milliseconds, usually under heavy load (Opening the stock Twitter App form Event Screen).

I have reflashed it quite a few times since then, I tried combinations with/without FasterN9, OC'ed or not, sooner or later it always started forgetting the SIM Card.

Again, as it started right after PR1.3 I think it's a software Problem (or a strange coincidence). Anyway I#m gonna do a housing swap in a few days and see if I can check the SIM Contacts.

But still, does anybody have an idea on the software side?

Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If you have done multiple re-flashes then it most probably is a hardware issue

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you have done multiple re-flashes then it most probably is a hardware issue
I thought so. But it started the day after I installed PR1.3... very strange.

Anyway, maybe someone has a hint on what to search for when i swap the housing?

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Before other options i think you should try it with different sim card. May be some corrosion etc. causes this.

I also have the same problem.
It happens once or twice a week. I haven't found the cause of this problem yet. I also have reflashed the phone using it for a week without any 3rd party application installed but the problem still exists.

Any ideas from more experienced N9 users?

I bought a new N9 a month ago and it also has this problem. It usually happens when I leave the phone on the table.
The N9 was probably in the store for a long time, because PR1.3 was not preinstalled (installed it after I turned it on for the first time). I haven't reset or reflashed the phone, though. My SIM card is 1.5 months old and worked flawlessly for 2-3 weeks in my previous N9.

I'd also appreciate it if someone could help.

I was wondering if there is any log file to log system events, system errors or failures. So, the moment this problem occurs again we can check this log file and maybe find clues whether this is a software or a hardware problem.

I actually bought a new SIM card because of that, it still doesn't work. and I still blame a software fault, as I had no problems until the day PR1.3 came out.

A logfile would be very helpful...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Is your usb cover still intact? My usb cover was broken and the sim tray was moving from it's position due to no usb cover to hold it in place. Once it even popped out and fell to the floor.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

my usb cover and the simtray are intact. i am getting a new housing in a few days and will swap it. if it changes anything about the sim problem, i will report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post: