Active Topics

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
he can't get answer from person responsible for election, during freaking 5 days, something isn't right.
Again, all asked on a single thread, on an automated Council post from the blog that's not being monitored because it intentionally pointed to another, much more active thread. Btw, in case you missed the link, your question was answered before you even posted it here. You just failed to find it, much as you're accusing me of here. And it wasn't "5 days". It was 3 at best, and two of those being weekend days.

If someone wants to ask the Council something, we have a thread for that, called ASK THE COUNCIL. For election stuff, there's another dedicated thread. There's also an e-mail address and weekly IRC meetings. Sorry, but the fact of the matter is if you can't be bother to at least ask a question in one of several well known forums for such questions, you should hardly whine about a late answer. (Especially when the question HAD been answered before you even asked it, in the proper thread.)

In the end, it's fine -if it's the manner Council like to use as a way of Communication with people like Mentalist, me, or others
Wow... Pot calling the kettle black? You spoke to others is far worse tones far more often than I have here.

Oh, and trying to pull people into your argument won't work, no matter how hard you try. None of this was for Mentalist. Did you see his name anywhere in that thread? The only person mentioned, and the only quotes posted, were from you, with the exception of the zinger from Zogg.

As for rest of Your post, I'm not going to comment on it - kinda waste of time, for such pack of miserable ad persona attacks
In this case, the shoe fits. Considering this entire thread has been you bashing me, you deserved every hit you got.

As for my tone and the "tone of Council", as you may note, I'm not speaking for Council here. Unlike past Chairs, I make it abundantly clear when I'm speaking for Council and when I'm not. Add to that the fact that I'm not seeking a position as Council again, I'm feeling a little more free to speak my mind. Especially when provoked and attacked by others.

As for not replying, I figured you wouldn't reply to the tough questions. You never did. You ignore, and deflect, and blame, and condemn others for your own actions. You swindle your way through everything, and when there's nothing left for you to personally gain, you point the finger at others and run. Council, your "community project", pretty much everything you've ever done that I can see.

Enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. Karma's a ßitch, and eventually it will catch up to you. I just hope I'm far enough away to not get hit with the spray of what's left of you when it does.

Last edited by woody14619; 2012-10-03 at 18:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
"Bragging"? No person with a decent understanding of human psychology would ever think that they could somehow make themselves look better by saying what I said above.
But if you leave that understanding out, one could see it as just that. Just look at the other posts in this thread. And by chiming in on the same thread you may have gotten inadvertently lumped into the same group by Zogg. (I've mad the same mistake myself at times, as have we all.)

@Woody: I apologize for not having seen the post you linked to
That was more for someone else. And yes, it can be hard to keep up with everything on TMO. Trust me, I know that quite well.

As an aside, I don't recall shooting down Rob when he was trying to do "this exact thing" 18 months ago
This, again, was not directed at you, but rather an acknowledgement that in general this is not the first time this proposal was on the table. This exact plan was laid out a year and a half to 2 years ago, and the community at the time yelled it down. To be fair, Nokia was still in good shape, and the rep was poo-pooing the concern publicly, as were many senior members. But having that plan to work off of is one of the key items that allowed us to do all this in such a short time frame.

The lesson to learn? Next time someone that's otherwise had a history of being sane starts pulling the chicken little routine; maybe it's best to let them setup the ground work, if it won't hurt anything to do so, just in case the sky does start falling.

I feel it quite funny, that you defend your aggressive/offensive replies to me and others, by "I'm speaking for myself, not as a Chair" - IIRC, when I was a chair, my habit of leaving diplomacy behind was one of main reasons for your attacks. Also, rest of Council clearly stated, that in their opinion, *more* of polite and diplomatic tone is required from Chair, than from other people.

When I've fundamentally disagreed with views of rest Councilors (mainly on much more important matters than "diplomacy", but "oh well"), I've stepped down. You keep Your Council position, and, furthermore, you have stepped in chair's shoes. Don't feel surprised, that standards you've demanded from others, are now expected from your side.

/Estel

// Edit

I have yet to decide, if your comment about "dropping candidacy for next Council" is more funny, or miserable. Sure - after all, you've dropped your name into hat (what a surprise!) of election for Board of Directors - i.e. body that will have real power (in this case, to be misused, I'm afraid) over things important for Community, including decisions about finances (aka real money) from donations.

Yea, it's really surprising, that you have preferred it over to-be-castrated, no-one-know-what-it's-left-for-nor-want-to-candidate-for-it, AD 2013 Council.

I really need to remind, that literally *NO ONE* want(ed) to become Councilor, until current Council double-submitted for BoD and Council (despite stating earlier, that different people should maintain those positions), + one ex-Maemo contributor, inactive for ~2 years, got exhumated from his IRC "kingdom", to act as "deer", volunteering for useless position, that no one want to touch with a long stick, after moving to Hildon Foundation scheme?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-03 at 18:46.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Since I'm doomed to do my term on next council ;-) I think I may state here that I'd be very interested in Mentalist joining in. Though it's not exactly according to procedure to accept late nominations, I think the whole point of this "quarantine" period was to ensure fair votes. Since there's no vote at all, how's it any good to keep a volunteer out of council due to being 3 days late?

If this request can't be followed without again starting a shitstorm, I'll step down for council, resulting in remaining candidates number = 2, which in turn causes extention of nomination period. Up to you.

Cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I see no problem with this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I see no problem with this.
+1

ten chars

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Those thanks mean that I would like to see Mentalist in Council too
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I support this move as well, Mentalist belongs in council.

While we are on the topic, can we just ban Estel?

He wastes so much time without actually doing anything. Woody, please stop responding to him, ignore the troll and the troll will go away.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I also support Mentalist joining Council, we will him need for sure.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
As it problem with people already submitted and you want to get mentalist ( though i don't see that as problem at such hard and new things like BoD and all pressure to get extra help), some one could maybe give him his place or we can find other way around.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:

Tags
council