Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
Hi!

When will be aviable the new Yappari in the repository?

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi!

Well, Cepiperez knows a lot more than me because he's been using an up to date protocol version for longer than me. He's also helping me with the new functionality (specially groups).

Since the new protocol uses some different parameters, some functionality will be broken. Our priority was to make Yappari work, as is; we are now able to send and receive messages and that's great!

Most trivial bugs I will find myself when using Yappari, and I expect most of them to be easy fixes (replacing parameter names and such).

However you really have to be patient, since even if small changes there are probably going to be quite a few; I will take care of them as soon as I can but not earlier.

Please be patient

PD: Also, I realized that there was a build error on the autobuilder I'm uploading 2.0.2 again so it gets into de repos. This is something I really intend to do everytime a new release is made, but I will also keep posting direct download links, just in case something bad happens.
why not just make a list of bugs or whatever the thihngs to be added so u can plan to work decently, and one by one.

Ceene, I appreciate the time you are putting into Yappari. It is working now, so there is no rush to fix bugs. I trust your cat is now well. Best wishes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:
Hi Armando,

Download to your computer or directly to Nokia N900? If to Nokia, was it using any web browser? I used Opera and it is taking over 5 minutes to download the 2.02 version via Wetransfer
Next question to you or anyone out there, HAM, stands for ???
and it is the installation program, is it different from the default Application Manager, and if so, is it available for install in the maemo repository?

Thanks to all those involved in restoring Yappari. Learning and still struggling. I am glad I can count on such a hard working and friendly community,

Originally Posted by Armando View Post
Downloaded 2.0.2 a few hours ago from the URL http://we.tl/5g4Pwxc9ml provided to us by excellent update in FirstPost, installed it through HAM, rebooted the N900 et voilá: Up and running!

This was a very quick and succesful group-effort, as I understand, and I make a deep bow _0_ to the programmers, codewrappers, and not in the least the testers who fixed this: You guys are great, well done!

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by Coyera View Post
Hi Armando,

Download to your computer or directly to Nokia N900? If to Nokia, was it using any web browser? I used Opera and it is taking over 5 minutes to download the 2.02 version via Wetransfer
Next question to you or anyone out there, HAM, stands for ???
and it is the installation program, is it different from the default Application Manager, and if so, is it available for install in the maemo repository?

Thanks to all those involved in restoring Yappari. Learning and still struggling. I am glad I can count on such a hard working and friendly community,

Download directly to the N900 don't use Opera but the default MicroB webbrowser.
HAM is Hildon Application Manager the default app manager.
I'ts alway good to say thank you and learn.

THANKS SO MUCH, DO NOT HOW, AFTER TRYING DOWNLOADING THROUGH MANY WAYS AND OUTDATED WEB BROWSERS YAPPARI 2.02 WORKS IN MY NOKIA N900,

I AM NEW TO THIS PHONE AND NOT FAMILIAR WITH CODES AND WRITING THE COMMANDS, (USED TO IN THE DISTANT PAST)

THANKS CEPIPERES CODESRUS AND ALL THE ONES THAT PUT THEIR BRIGHT MINDS AND PATIENCE TO MAKE IT WORK.

WHAT IS THE BEST BROWSER FOR THE N900?
NOT IMPRESSED BY FENNEC, OPERA OR THE DEFAULT.
THEY WORK FOR THE MOST PART.

FROM CHICAGO,

COYERA

You know, I bought my N900 on March, I have had it for less than a year now.

On one hand, this phone fully represents what I believe to be cutting edge technology (when Nokia was still Nokia) both in terms of hardware and software. Of course it's a bit outdated now, but I found the combination of hardware+software that gives live to our N900 makes it useful still today. This is one reason for which I bought a N900.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020

2.02 works nice. Thanks a lot!

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
You can report bugs here: https://github.com/agamez/yappari/issues
I think it's the best way to report, otherwise we can miss something.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
For nerd users like me, here the guide:

1. Quit Yappari.

2. Download the new Version to your computer. Connect the N900 via USB and copy "yappari_2.0.2_armel.deb" from the computer to the N900 (directly under "N900").

3. Open Terminal and type:

4. sudo gainroot [Enter]

5. cd /home/user/MyDocs [Enter]

6. dpkg -i yappari_2.0.2_armel.deb [Enter]

7. reboot your N900

8. Now it should work

Last edited by Acurus_; 2015-01-26 at 06:11.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari