Exactly - it's main function is to trigger magnetron inside N900, so it must be strong enough. small earphones, even the cheapest 0.50$ ones, are best source of it, as it always contain neodyme magnets.

Personally, I preffer to "fix" it other way - by glue'ing magnet to N900 itself, as hard-cut off microSD on cover removal; irritates me as hell.
---

Of course, all of this is to be scrapped, if he doesn't mean magnet inside cover, but part on kickstand leg itself. It's just a tiny piece of metal, but people often mistake it for magnet (as it show magnetic properties, for some time, due to long, direct contact with real magnet).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
It's just the stand itself. I assumed it was a magnet.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Well I can live with that, probably. I never use the kickstand thingy. i guess I would use that even less on a devel-device.

Leiden, Leiden, since last week I am studying at TU Delft. Delft is not that far away from Leiden. Give me ring when you are here, you defenitely deserve a beer, a big one even

I don't need the US charger, it doesn't fit here and I probably won't go to US in near future. Other accesoires are welcome, but feel free to keep whatever accesoire you rather want to keep

Take your time, I am patient. I already can't thank you enough what you do for me and this community by giving away your device. You owe that beer for sure...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2012-09-10 at 05:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
It looks like you are in luck. A mate of mine is going over to Germany soon and agreed to take the phone and post it from there. So no postage at all for you. Just working out the details. Will come with the new japod battery then. Could you pm me your address please.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Sorry for hijacking this thread - i'm looking for *broken* (well, it don't have to be broken, it's just that it doesn't matter if it's working, or not) N900, to use it as a helping body for Aluminum Body replacement project.

What I'm going to use it for, is testing body part's contact with motherboard (which have high risk of bending forces placed where they shouldn't be, due to dealing with early prototypes). I don't want to use "living" N900's motherboard for this - I once destroyed my main device charging chip, this way.

Motherboard (with all parts present, no matter if working or not) will do, but of course, whole device is even better (custom body replacement project is going to use screen module as-is, adopting it's slider mechanism) - I will be able to mix new and old parts together, checking, if they fit, without risking damaging anything.

Is there anyone, who could donate broken N900 for this project?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I don't want to use "living" N900's motherboard for this - I once destroyed my main device charging chip, this way.
Sorry if this seems a silly question, can you not use the N900 with the blown charging chip?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, giving it away was requirement for gaining working motherboard cheaply (that I'm using as main device, up to this day).

/Estel

// Edit

Don't ask me, why someone wanted damaged N900's motherboard + money, as exchange for working one - I have no idea, and "trade partner" was reluctant to answer. Considering, that I have found this offer in local wannabe-ebay site (which possibility to exchange personally, not via mail, in my town), for really good price, I decided to take it, instead of pushing on asking
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-29 at 12:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Just wanted to say, after some period I received GreatGonzo's device.
Aweomse community, a very special one.

So, now I got a finally a dev device waiting to be destructed and reflashed and complete the cycle once again

Many thanks goes out to GreatGonzo!
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: