Joerg,

not every question or remark is a personal attach against you
chill-out
you did a tremendous job with the repositories and only for that you deserve recognition from the community (and any N900 user, for that matter)

why should i have to check whatever document?
wouldn't it have made sense for TheDead1440 to formulate it clearly right from the beginning?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
why do you think I feel attacked or whatever. You asked what's the story about the red button, and instead of thedead1440 I answered and gave as good an explanation with refrences as I could. I did this instead of waiting for thedead to answer, since this particular sentence in OP been suggested by me. So it's me who should have formulated clearly from beginning - I hope I fixed that with my last post.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by jcharpak View Post
Hm. ok well that goes that theory. Maybe they're ambivalent about the "the last 12 months were really hard and time consuming but you should definitely run as it wont take much of your time!" vibe. Shrug. Fine:
No ambivalence here. We spent much time on the task as during the past 12 months Nokia left the building, all our infra was migrated twice and was left in semi-broken state, we had to sort purchase and shipping of servers, to drum up an infrastructure team, to negotiate unsettled business with increasingly sparse Nokia contacts, to overcome legal difficulties, resignations of councillors and directors and non-cooperation of the previous board.

All of the above has now settled, and the past weeks things are pretty quiet. This is good, and it's now time again for a fresh body to devote it's time to fun, productive things that weren't possible this past term mostly due to organizational and time problems.

As a first step I propose that the next council resurrects the highly successful maemo coding competition that we (and I admit I have a great part of responsibility for this) failed to host during 2013.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why not let the current council remain in since nobody's really stepping forward. The transition from Nokia funded community to open community could not have been an easy one; it seems to be still going on to be honest.

Once the dust has truly settled, then bring back the competitions and the stability to hand off to a fresh council that doesn't have to backtrack and possibly lose traction.

Just a thought.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Just a thought.
A fair comment.
However, the fact non of the current council are stepping up for this term may indicate why this isn't best for the community.

If nobody steps up this will happen anyway as it will keep getting postponed without a minimum of 4 candidates.

Ideally council could do with a mix of new and old members to freshen things up but keep in touch with recent goings on.

Remember most of the current council members do a lot of other important stuff for the community, like CSSU contributions, sysops and admins etc and the last year or so has not been easy.

The Nokia transition is to be mainly handled by BoD and it's still on going as you say. However connections with Nokia are getting thin and I have not heard much activity recently.

So please I do urge motivated community members to help keep us going.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
So please I do urge motivated community members to help keep us going.
Do we have any data available regarding how many users are qualified to sit for this election, not counting people who have been alienated by problems of the past?

I'm very concerned

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
Do we have any data available regarding how many users are qualified to sit for this election, not counting people who have been alienated by problems of the past?
Well here last years. As you can see due to broken infra there is a link to 2012 data.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ble_candidates

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ble_candidates
As I am not on the list I suppose I'm not eligible candidate.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
a karma of 344 should be enougj

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Why not? - from your TMO posts and thanks alone, you have a Karma of 344! Check it out in your maemo.org profile (not TMO).
You need to link both accounts before that counts though.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-10-31 at 19:03.

Tags
tumbleweed