Notices

previously I had reflashed my device. However, I only do half of the reflash as I just need the old application to be removed. however, it seems that I am unable to restore my repository. Every time I run an updates after settting in the extra devel repo and the extra testing repo. The update will be stuck when it reach half way. I read through some forum which says it gonna take a longer time for the app manager to load. So i leave it for a night with a connection to the wifi. but it seems that it is still the same. I checked on the log in the application manager, it says something like "ignoring version from the wrong domain. I thought it was the internet connection. So i tried to change the dns to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Its still the same.I tried by pass application manager and try to install it using the xterm by typing sudo gainroot > sudo apt-get install fapman. which i saw in another forum. but it seems that it says user is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported. I am quite puzzled with this issues. Hope someone can help me up with this as soon as possible. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to David_boy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by David_boy View Post
Its still the same.I tried by pass application manager and try to install it using the xterm by typing sudo gainroot > sudo apt-get install fapman. which i saw in another forum. but it seems that it says user is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported. I am quite puzzled with this issues. Hope someone can help me up with this as soon as possible. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks
Quick reply...
I know almost nothing about application manager.
Try:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install fapman
The difference from yours is "sudo " part of the command. "sudo " prefix is unnecessary when you have already typed "sudo gainroot" on one of the previous lines.
Read here for details about root access.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
The difference from yours is "sudo " part of the command. "sudo " prefix is unnecessary when you have already typed "sudo gainroot" on one of the previous lines.
I did it previously without the "sudo" too. But it seems that the problem is not resolved. When it starts to run on xterm, it appears to say unable to connect to repository.maemo.org.

Is there any other solution to this?

The Following User Says Thank You to David_boy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
For gaining root on N900 you need rootsh installed which is again from the repositories, which are currently down. I bet that's also the issue you are having, that maemo repositories are down: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1314588
&
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88707

For using sudo you need to have the package sudser. Best would be to download the rootsh.deb manually from one of the mirrors and install it. It will allow you to further investigate and play with apt-get
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
For gaining root on N900 you need rootsh installed which is again from the repositories, which are currently down. I bet that's also the issue you are having, that maemo repositories are down: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1314588
&
For using sudo you need to have the package sudser. Best would be to download the rootsh.deb manually from one of the mirrors and install it. It will allow you to further investigate and play with apt-get
I already download and install the rootsh file before I run the xterm. Thanks for the website u link i was able to update my application manager. All for the repos can be updated accept for the "community -Mirror 3" But the application I need is already in the application manager. Thanks and much appreciated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David_boy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by David_boy View Post
however, it seems that I am unable to restore my repository. Every time I run an updates after settting in the extra devel repo and the extra testing repo. The update will be stuck when it reach half way. I read through some forum

extras-testing is/was disabled. Also, if you really read the forum, there's a big nice notification displayed almost on top of every page:

-----8<-----
Notices

Repositories (application catalogues ) are temporarily not working due to migration to community driven infrastructure. They may come up for some test and vanish again.

See this thread for more info!

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Your maemo.org - Team
-----8<-----

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
extras-testing is/was disabled. Also, if you really read the forum, there's a big nice notification displayed almost on top of every page:

-----8<-----
Notices

Repositories (application catalogues ) are temporarily not working due to migration to community driven infrastructure. They may come up for some test and vanish again.
See this thread for more info!

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Your maemo.org - Team
-----8<-----
I did see this thread but I don't really get what it mean at first. thought there is something wrong with something else but never thought it was connected to the repository.maemo.org. Sorry for that. And I did went to other sites forum but they never mention it. So I didn't know about it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David_boy For This Useful Post: