Notices

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by Nostoi View Post
Hi people - simple question: is there a good Facebook app for the Nokia N900 that will allow me to do status updates without actually having to go to Facebook webpage? Can't seem to find any...

Thanks kindly.
Easiest way is SMS. Just open conversations and go at it. Otherwise I don't think opening facebook's mobile or touch web page is any slower than opening a facebook application would be.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I usually used Facebrick, but while that is in its coma I have been using http://touch.facebook.com

It loads quickly and is very easy on the browser screen. I still prefer the full facebook site on the N900 if I am browsing around or looking for someone's conatc info, but the touch site works well for setting status updates.

Is there any desire out there for a simple and fast status-setting app? I was starting to write one but Facebrick came out to do nothing at all other than show your current status and allow you to set a new one. The idea was small size=quick load/run, combined with the fact that the web-based sites are useable on the N900 browser.

Perhaps I will dive back into it, but I am a little disheartened by the reasons that Facebrick's author gave for abandoning the project (he said the API on facebook is getting too screwy).

Yes please, full fledged Facebook app. I recently created a request thread but developers showed no interest

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post
Yes please, full fledged Facebook app. I recently created a request thread but developers showed no interest
I have no interest in creating a full-fledged facebook app either. The full-fledged facebook site is 100% available on the N900. That is not really true for any other phone. All other phones have facebook apps that are "full-fledged" but which provide only a subset of the functionality of the full site--and on all of those platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Winmo) that limited functionality is all you get.

I think a status updater would be useful because, like the photo-sharing that came with the device, it is quicker and easier to use than the website. But going beyond that seems a bit redundant with the touch and full sites out there.

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I have no interest in creating a full-fledged facebook app either. The full-fledged facebook site is 100% available on the N900. That is not really true for any other phone. All other phones have facebook apps that are "full-fledged" but which provide only a subset of the functionality of the full site--and on all of those platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Winmo) that limited functionality is all you get.

I think a status updater would be useful because, like the photo-sharing that came with the device, it is quicker and easier to use than the website. But going beyond that seems a bit redundant with the touch and full sites out there.
My N900 is not able to access its camera . Other cheaper phones are able to use their cameras and update facebook with brilliant, large resolution photos and not me. On facebook- the phone works as a PC- yet its NOT able to access its own camera. Its frustrating!

Try Sociality, it's a fine FB-client.

You can share photos from the camera using the 'FaceBook sharing plugin'. You can find it in the repositories.

The Following User Says Thank You to BertvanDorp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
Try Sociality, it's a fine FB-client.

You can share photos from the camera using the 'FaceBook sharing plugin'. You can find it in the repositories.

Can you point me to the package page here on maemo.org\packages? Or mention the exact package name for apt-get as I don't see this Facebook sharing plugin in the the repo's. I have both testing and devel enabled...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Can you point me to the package page here on maemo.org\packages? Or mention the exact package name for apt-get as I don't see this Facebook sharing plugin in the the repo's. I have both testing and devel enabled...
apt-get install sociality

The Following User Says Thank You to MatMat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by MatMat View Post
apt-get install sociality
oh silly me, I thought he meant a plugin-only :P Sociality will do the job, thanks
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

can't open facebook in nokia n900 !! please help me