Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yes, i Checked this, and i set this correctly, but this morning it's again not returned... Maybe problem came from Fastern9 ?
For now i added power saving off to default rule, will see what happen tomorrow.
And do you have the terminal output from the time ProfileMatic should have resumed power saving mode?

I doubt it's FasterN9, since I use it also.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
No sorry, forgot about this.. Tomorrow i will check with default rule that i set today, and after this i will check output..

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
I have low-poser screen enabled on the system (without any rules) and at least one rule disabling it (at night), but by some reason after reboot low-power screen is always disabled now (no matter what rules are active - in fact no rules are active immediately after reboot). To overcome this issue I added LPS on this to the default rule and not it turns on... after about 2 minutes. It seems to me that sometimes same issue applies to power-saving mode, but I am not sure. This is at least strange, is it possible to keep device defaults intact (or at least restore them to their original values upon reboot)? The problem is that rules those restore their values when deactivated are activated in incorrect conditions after reboot, so I need to visit settings and fix the situation.

Thanks,
Serge.

Last edited by Loginin; 2012-05-23 at 12:19.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Tried it, but it doesnt particularly help seeing as if I walk out of my house on the phone, and get in my car and drive off, or walk down the road, when the timeout runs out, the phonecall will be disconnected

I was just in a normal call, my bluetooth is on but not connected to anything. I haven't tested this when using my cars bluetooth handsfree. Although I am sure if the normal phone call idle issue is fixed it would also fix any bluetooth headsets issues
Both of these issues can be remedied if ProfileMatic waits until call has terminated before switching mobile network mode.

The challenge is finding out how to detect that phone call is active. I'm sure it's possible somehow.

Originally Posted by Loginin View Post
I have low-poser screen enabled on the system (without any rules) and at least one rule disabling it (at night), but by some reason after reboot low-power screen is always disabled now (no matter what rules are active - in fact no rules are active immediately after reboot). To overcome this issue I added LPS on this to the default rule and not it turns on... after about 2 minutes. It seems to me that sometimes same issue applies to power-saving mode, but I am not sure. This is at least strange, is it possible to keep device defaults intact (or at least restore them to their original values upon reboot)? The problem is that rules those restore their values when deactivated are activated in incorrect conditions after reboot, so I need to visit settings and fix the situation.

Thanks,
Serge.
I can try to activate "restore previous" and whatever is in default rule (if restore previous doesn't override it) when phone is shutting down.

The 2 minute lag in startup is normal as the 3rd party background jobs are started a bit later in the boot.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Both of these issues can be remedied if ProfileMatic waits until call has terminated before switching mobile network mode.

The challenge is finding out how to detect that phone call is active. I'm sure it's possible somehow.
Yeah, well maybe checking Proximity sensor activation?

Seeing as proximity sensor comes on as the phone call is initiated to avoid your ears touching buttons on the screen.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-23 at 18:49.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Ok, my trick with adding power saving OFF to default rule worked and this morning my phone switched OFF from power saving mode.. But i noticed that availability not work again.. I Checked setting-> internet connection -> background connection and I have seen it is on the "on". I played with on-off and only after this my Facebook and Skype connected to network.. Strange..

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Yeah, well maybe checking Proximity sensor activation?

Seeing as proximity sensor comes on as the phone call is initiated to avoid your ears touching buttons on the screen.
That wouldn't help when using the speaker. Also proximity sensor is on when device is in pocket etc.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Ok, my trick with adding power saving OFF to default rule worked and this morning my phone switched OFF from power saving mode.. But i noticed that availability not work again.. I Checked setting-> internet connection -> background connection and I have seen it is on the "on". I played with on-off and only after this my Facebook and Skype connected to network.. Strange..
I think availability on the whole in Harmattan is a bit buggy (not related to ProfileMatic). It sometimes get stuck, regardless where you change it.

But keep an eye on it and let me know if it happens more.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
That wouldn't help when using the speaker. Also proximity sensor is on when device is in pocket etc.
What about an activity check on the call-ui process?

If it is consuming x% of CPU then ProfileMatic assumes a call is in progress?

This is assuming that Cal-ui uses a noticeable amount of CPU between Idle and In-call states.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page