Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by inean View Post
No.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=68
Sorry, I don't see where the problem is. Is it copyright?
The package meegotouchtheme-nokia-icons installs cleany, the icons are recognized & shown properly.
You just need to clean the meegotouch cache

PS. Can qt-components-10 support com.meego namespace? There are some apps using this.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Sorry, I don't see where the problem is. Is it copyright?
Yes

PS. Can qt-components-10 support com.meego namespace? There are some apps using this.
That namespace is deprecated. Besides that, org.maemo.fremantle is the required namespace for apps that want to reach extras repo. The only reason to support com.meego namespace is to allow to more elaborated apps to use some 'advanced' features that are only available with CSSU like SipAttributes.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I read somewhere that blanco theme became opensource. On the other hand there is Nemo theme, doesn't it contain icons?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I read somewhere that blanco theme became opensource. On the other hand there is Nemo theme, doesn't it contain icons?
Nemo theme icons are already merged on qt-components-blanco-theme. Same happens for images of blanco theme. (Follow the link posted 3 posts ago )

The Following User Says Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
oops sorry

Originally Posted by inean View Post
That namespace is deprecated. Besides that, org.maemo.fremantle is the required namespace for apps that want to reach extras repo. The only reason to support com.meego namespace is to allow to more elaborated apps to use some 'advanced' features that are only available with CSSU like SipAttributes.

The deprecation of that namespace doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.
I was trying out some Harmattan apps, and they use com.meego. Symlinking
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego /usr/lib/imports/com/meego
works, but the apps don't work properly. E.g. with qtodo you can't click OK to add the todo/note. pogoda makes the whole system crash.

It's essential in the development to make as many as possible MeeGo apps run on Fremantle. Even though com.nokia.meego is most used, com.meego should be supported too.

Lack of com.meego namespace is one of the 4 main problems slowing down the development of MeeCoLay, the others are: problems with orientation/rotation, lack of libc6 (>=2.9), multitouch problem.
Even the lack of icons from Nokia's meegotouchtheme icons can be worked around as the package installs cleanly.

I just made a crappy little web interface to help with the creation of icons here http://play.oob.gr/annasIconMaker/toolbaricons/

You can download the reference inkscape file, edit the "icon" layer, rename the file accordingly and upload it back. The system applies two filters, one for selected and one for disabled, so that we don't have to create 3 of each kind of icons. You have to resize the inkscape canvas manually to the required size.

I also made a page in the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents/missing_icons) where everybody interested should help reorder the list so that the most needed icons are at the top, and completely unneeded ones are removed. I will update the list on the webapp once in a while to reflect changes in the wiki.

Question. Is there a free service where one can upload a php script to be collaboratively edited and used? ImageMagick is a requirement.

DISCLAIMER: This little script is very hastily coded, because it is a one-off utility to help us gather most needed icons. If anybody is interested in the code I can share it, but don't expect something nice. Also there is no error-checking whatsoever, the script will probably fail silently if it's fed an svg, not based on the one I provide. Also if you upload something with the same name as something existing, it will overwrite it.

I will start a thread with this text, so that the discussion can continue there.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
About copyright and Nokia theme:
1. Look at this: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=40
2. If it's impossible, why don't you talk with the Council, maybe they can talk with Nokia representatives to allow us use the original icons?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Marmistrz, Inean.

We will address the question about the use these icons to qgil.

To my understanding it shouldn't be a problem to package these icons to be used in Maemo 5 (as per this post), but in any case we will wait for a clear answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Good. Also ask for Nokia Pure Font. IMHO it's even more important than icons because of changes on lines spacing, introduced on PR 1.2, that affect to UI layouts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post: