Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by lalit View Post
I installed Thumb for a week long testing (again moved to KP50) and found no issues with it. Found same performance and battery life as it was before.

RAM Usages:
CSSU-Testing+KP50: RAM: 120-150MB and SWAP:~50MB
CSSU-Thumb: RAM: 80-110MB and SWAP:~30MB
CSSU-Testing+KP50 (just after reflash): RAM: 120MB and SWAP:~40MB
Judging from the above, you actually don't have SIM in your n900 and you are not using it much. Correct?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Judging from the above, you actually don't have SIM in your n900
Correct

you are not using it much. Correct?
Not correct. I am using it daily, to learn OS internals (specially boot sequence). Also using your 720p libs to watch movies on my TV (as I have old TV)

The Following User Says Thank You to lalit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
In my case is different, I have installed CSSU-thumb, the first time, and until now, almost a month, I can say that performance on my N900. has improved somewhat, not freezing, no stutters, as sometimes happened, besides the last few weeks I've been trying, with other code backtrack network audit, and never had a stutter, I have not had to finalize a task; install and uninstall applications, and more, and not I have needed to restart, just yesterday by an oversight, I turn off that I forgot to recharge the battery (I fell asleep listening to music online) would have been nice to add a picture of conky.

Not if you have to see the extensive use of the phone for some people to notice the differences (I have over 140 applications, regardless of some that run in terminal), also use it a lot, at every moment all the time.

As for the battery, the truth I have not seen much difference with the kp50, though my battery is old, and I think these days to buy another.

For the rest thank you for continuing to improve and maintain our current n900, and I'm eager to see new updates and report it in this way.

Regards and thanks.

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-07-01 at 05:51.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
It is not only kernel-config have dependencies on KP and should conflicts with other packages like h-e-n, batterypatch, cleven when u have only clean cssu-thumb update installed, if im wrong correct me
I don't need to correct you. CSSU thumb is described as and is a very experimental thing, at least at the moment.

Reporting that package xyz cannot be installed because you have cssu thumb is, again at this stage, unncessary. You should report programs that DO NOT WORK.

Programs that DO NOT INSTALL because of broken dependencies are a trivial, non-technical, issue to solve (or to ignore , and flooding this thread with such reports (as it *always* has to happen to every interesting thread in this forum!) is severly annoying.

Don't take it personally. My rant is directed to whoever feels there's something he or she could do to improve this situation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
@iDont - thumb2 compiled busybox-power is in cssu-thumb repo, didn't check if it is thumb2 compiled though, hope you set the correct flags :P

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
@iDont - thumb2 compiled busybox-power is in cssu-thumb repo, didn't check if it is thumb2 compiled though, hope you set the correct flags :P
It seems to be working flawlessly, thanks!

And yes, the correct flags have been passed to the compiler:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# ls -lh /bin/busybox 
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      639.6K Jul  5 13:52 /bin/busybox
versus 840.2K used by the non-thumb compiled version.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
i have cssu -T . is it possible to install cssu thumb over cssu -T. i dont wanna flash my phone coz i have nitdroid installed.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
As explained in the first post you can safely install it over testing. In fact, at first you needed to have testing installed to proceed to thumb
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Some good news: finally I was able to thumb-compile a working microb-engine, will try to push a new update tomorrow

Community SSU developer

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Some good news: finally I was able to thumb-compile a working microb-engine, will try to push a new update tomorrow
Thank you for keeping the N900 young

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life