Posts: 16 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bs, Italy
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
No updates, yet.
I will surely contact you as soon as any news arrive - when it happens.
Land of great island isn't exactly close to Finland, so the mail, be it by air or water, has reason to be quite late, I suppose...
Best wishes.

Thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to netvandal For This Useful Post:
Time to open up the maemo.org Coding Competition community bounty chest!

Altogether, we have collected a wonderful €812 ($1053) - thank you again to everyone who contributed! This leaves an even €116 for each of the seven competition categories. The first bounty prize winner will receive 60% of the category share, and the runner up bounty share winner will receive the remaining 40%.

Looking at the results, and removing the 25 device winners, the (provisional) bounty share winners for the first 6 categories will be:

Desktop, System, and Utilities:
  • DingMee
  • ReferIt

Games, Graphics, and Multimedia:
  • Lone Wolf
  • Nyan Cat

Network and Communications
  • WifiTrans
  • Bumblr

Other:
  • MeeGoal
  • Kana of the Day

Updates and Development on Existing Apps:
  • ProfileMatic
  • Presence VNC

Beginners:
  • Allocine
  • Task Poach

The bounty shares from the Location and Navigation category will be assigned once we resolve the issue with the 2 late/missing device shipments.

Many congratulations to our bounty share winners!

If the above doesn't appear correct or if there are any questions, please reach out to me on pm or via the competition email address - maemo.competition2012 'at' gmail.com. I will leave the results as provisional until Monday midnight GMT, after which the results will be confirmed. I will then reach out to the winners directly for their paypal address details to which they will receive their prize.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-11-25 at 02:22.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Any idea if he Council/BoD has plans to start another one of these "piggy banks" of sorts?
I reckon we should have one going permanently, maybe two; one for infra. & the other for dev devices?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Any idea if he Council/BoD has plans to start another one of these "piggy banks" of sorts?
I reckon we should have one going permanently, maybe two; one for infra. & the other for dev devices?
I'm not aware of any plans jalyst, but it's not something I'd have any visibility into.

I believe I read somewhere (maybe on MWKN) that zehjotkah is going to be treasurer for the Hildon foundation - so I guess if anyone knows about any BoD plans it'll be him. Similarly, qwazix may know more about any council plans. I think your best way for an update would be pm'ing them directly or asking on the "Ask the council" thread. Or if they pop onto this thread they mght leave a reply below

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
harmattan-dev.nokia.com is up again!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Unfortunately I don't have any updates either. I didn't get any reply from Nokia yet. I will wait until Monday so that a fair amount of time has passed and try again with another contact.

I hope I won't be needing to and that a device will be waiting for you on your door Monday morning.
Was any reply from Nokia received?
How are attempts at contact going?
Are the Nokia employees on sick leave?
Time is coming to the winter festivities.

I am hoping for the long shadow to arrive before the New Year's Eve.
Server, I hope, will still work the next year; thanks to you all for your ongoing support of it.

Guests are welcome, gifts are given, tricks are shared, advice is saved, jokes are spoken, and goodwill upheld.
Old is not forgotten, and new is not ignored, as the world is slyly moulded.
Illusion of loss may hang around Nokia, but this cape will not shroud magnificence of open source cooperation from those who care to look underneath the underneath.
Normally, it would be posted as off-topic, if at all, but I wished to sound a wake-up call...
Gone have many hours and days since last in this thread update.

Of course, there are activities in other threads going on.
Nevertheless, I shall inquire: what is the latest information on this topic?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You are a poet and I didn't know it! ;-P

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
@kojacker, are you already collecting the paypal accounts? I didn't receive any message from you until now.
I don't want to stress you out but it will be a great thing to have the money before Christmas :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Was any reply from Nokia received?
How are attempts at contact going?
Are the Nokia employees on sick leave?
Time is coming to the winter festivities.
The last I heard from qwazix is that he was having problems getting a response from the Nokia rep. I know he tried another avenue without much luck, there's so little we can do for you until we can reach someone on Nokia's side I'm afraid

Nokia should be able to tell us if the package has been shipped and what the tracking details is reporting - if the package has been delivered somewhere or has gone missing/held in customs. You are able to check your address is right on the account and there is no chance of an address mix up or something like that. But there's nothing much I can do for you to help, as much as I want to. I assume you've already checked your address details so it wouldnt have been delivered somewhere else - so all we can do is keep prodding Nokia to look into it. I know that's not very helpful right now

It's a really sucky situation. I'm just hoping qwazix and the council Nokia contacts will get there in the end for you. And same for netvandal too ofcourse.

Originally Posted by chrm View Post
@kojacker, are you already collecting the paypal accounts? I didn't receive any message from you until now.
I don't want to stress you out but it will be a great thing to have the money before Christmas :-D
Yep, someone had challenged the results but i think it was a misunderstanding that has been sorted out now (related to additional prizes for multiple entries from same developer, ie. we dont). It took a few emails back and forth, but i haven't heard anything in a couple of days. i'm assuming everyone else is happy that it's correct.

Because I'm dealing with people's generously donated money, it's extra important I don't screw this bit up.

I'll be emailing all you bounty winners over the next day or so. But those on the list, feel free to email the competition email address with your paypal address details in the meantime to move things along. I'll pick it up and get it ready to send to zehjotkah to do the payments.

Edit: All emails sent to the bounty share winners, as listed here, requesting their paypal email address.

Edit2: Received 6 so far - thanks guys.

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-12-04 at 13:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Wikiwide and netvandal we haven't forgotten you. I have tried to contact two Nokia representatives myself, one never responded, the other has left Nokia. The latest action was yesterday, when ivgalvez informed me that he forwarded my e-mail to the board's Nokia contact. We now again have to wait for a response.

Thanks for your patience, I will give you an update as soon as I know anything.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-03 at 19:36.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas