Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
hi ajalkane, do you think you could implement this: change from 3G connection to a known wlan when this is available? Thanks
I enabled "use automatically" option for the wifi network (under Settings->Edit Network), and it switches to wifi automatocally when avalailable.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
@kkarioja:

What was the mistake in the finnish translation? I can fix it if you tell me what it is.
I'll forward to you the mistakes I received from kkarioja. Thanks.

Originally Posted by kkarioja View Post
Nonetheless, when I switch the background connections on, both WLAN and internet connection rules work perfectly. Also switching off the connection is detected correctly in this case.
I can confirm this. Quite weird and annoying thing. I've never noticed this before because I always have background connections on.

Unfortunately I can't fix it.

Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
hi ajalkane, do you think you could implement this: change from 3G connection to a known wlan when this is available? Thanks
As others have said, this is already a feature of N9. You just need to Edit networks and set the WLAN to be automatically connected.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
ajalkane, Hi.
First, big thanks for the big field for "custom action", very good and more useful!
In the last version I noticed about one strange problem, it can't exiting from PSM mode.
For example, I have rule named "Idle profile":
* Idle - at least for 40 min
* Account availability - Change to OFF and Restore previous
* Custom action - Close internet+background connection and open them when rule deactivated.
* PSM - entering to PSM (ON) and Restore previous mode
Here the restore previous mode not work. If I open my phone after 1-2 hours it still show me PSM ON and I need manually exit from this.
It happens on both my devices with latest version. I can add to the "Custom action"
Code:
/sbin/mcetool --set-forced-psm=disabled
but it should automatically work from "Restore previous mode" in your app like in previous versions.
Can you check it please.
Thanks

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
ajalkane, Hi.
First, big thanks for the big field for "custom action", very good and more useful!
In the last version I noticed about one strange problem, it can't exiting from PSM mode.
* Custom action - Close internet+background connection and open them when rule deactivated.
Here the restore previous mode not work. If I open my phone after 1-2 hours it still show me PSM ON and I need manually exit from this.
It happens on both my devices with latest version. I can add to the "Custom action"
Code:
but it should automatically work from "Restore previous mode" in your app like in previous versions.
Can you check it please.
Thanks
restore previous does not always work as you expect it, when more than 1 rule hits. try putting PSM off into default rule and disable restore previous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Thanks for tip, but now I added command that I posted, will see how it will work, hope it will be fixed in the next version...

ajalkane, Hi.
Code:
Can you check it please.
Thanks
Hi,

I use PSM on + restore previous with idle all the time. What does your custom action in that rule do? Can it do something that messes it?

Also check your other rules. If there are two rules that put PSM on that can be active at the same time, restore previous might not work as you'd expect.

Yes I have... When it exiting from Idle, it should exit from PSM + activate internet conection...
Yes I have another rules that have PSM too, but like I say it worked before and I don't remember that I changed something...
Also when I do a quick test when my phone in normal mode (no psm):
Long press on the Idle rule -> activate -> it's entering into PSM -> After a few sec lockscreen activated.
Now, when I open my phone = deactivate lockscreen -> it NOT exiting from PSM.. but it should... And what strange, that it's also not exiting if I have exiting command (/sbin/mcetool --set-forced-psm=disabled) in the custom action in the field "When rule deactivates"... Very strange..
I will try to play with another rules and follow this in the few next days...

PS. You can try my rules (zip added), maybe it will help more to understand it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip profilematic.zip (4.3 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-05-01 at 06:31.

Long press on the Idle rule -> activate -> it's entering into PSM -> After a few sec lockscreen activated.
Now, when I open my phone = deactivate lockscreen -> it NOT exiting from PSM.. but it should...
Actually that "Run rule's actions" operates outside of normal ProfileMatic rules. It's a one-off execution of the actions. The side-effect of that is that no state will be stored, and any "restore previous" or "Custom action after rule deactive" kind of rules do not work with it.

In any case, there has been no changes to the PSM action between 2.1.0 and 2.2.0, so if you have the same rules it should work the same.

I just tested a rule with idle 0 and restore of PSM, and it worked fine. You can try running ProfileMatic daemon in terminal to see if there's some suspicious output that would explain your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: