Notices

Please fix show names on groups

You are the best

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
It's coming... need more deeper tests
Not sending, just receiving

duuude.. You used some of my design ideas! Awesome I'm loving it already!

formats we can add:
mp4, avi, 3gp, wma, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tif, mp3, wav, m4a, aac, ogg, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, vcf.

just a quick question. . I made a comment about adding numbers to the new messages in the chats screen. Any way you can add it?

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
duuude.. You used some of my design ideas! Awesome I'm loving it already!

formats we can add:
mp4, avi, 3gp, wma, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tif, mp3, wav, m4a, aac, ogg, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, vcf.

just a quick question. . I made a comment about adding numbers to the new messages in the chats screen. Any way you can add it?
I can add pdf, doc, xls and more. But, can we send those type of files through whatsapp server? That's the real question. You can't send those type of files in android, and I supose the same happens in other systems.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
I can add pdf, doc, xls and more. But, can we send those type of files through whatsapp server? That's the real question. You can't send those type of files in android, and I supose the same happens in other systems.
BUT that depends on whether this is WhatsApp not wanting users to have the extra functionality OR their servers are physically unable to send/receive such files.

TBH a file sending server can't really be unable to send different types of files, they are all just pieces of binary. The real limit will be the sizes of the files.

Meaning you might be able to send .flac files but not 100MB ones.

If that makes sense.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

why do i get the feeling the next update is going to be a big one?

I want media sharing

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
BUT that depends on whether this is WhatsApp not wanting users to have the extra functionality OR their servers are physically unable to send/receive such files.

TBH a file sending server can't really be unable to send different types of files, they are all just pieces of binary. The real limit will be the sizes of the files.

Meaning you might be able to send .flac files but not 100MB ones.

If that makes sense.
The files may be pieces of binary code but Whatsapp servers can easily filter them out by file extension. If the extensions are renamed it is another matter of course.

IMO, it is better not to put extra functionality beyond what the official Whatsapp client has. This may be used as a red flag by Whatsapp to filter and ban N9 users using such functionality. Nor do we want to mess up their servers if they are not equipped to handle them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
also clients on iphones and androids might not know how to handle new extensions. They know right now what extensions should fire what apps (pictures fires the media viewer) but what will PDF open if the client doesnt have a PDF viewer, same for ppt, or other extensions

Not sure if this helps, but there is limitation of 12MB (or 9MB?) for media sharing

Excellent work so far..

But how possible is it to integrate wazapp into the availability pane?
With all the issues related to connection, we can have an icon on the status menu informing us (at a glance) if we are connected or not.
And have the flexibility to go offline "Quit" wazzap without opening the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnlimiteD3k For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp