Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
WhatsApp is migrating everybody quickly to the new protocol but not all platforms are ready. Android, Symbian, Windows Phone and some others are already blocked, but there are some that are not and they still allow the old method. I just changed the Yappari spoof method to a platform that's still allowed.

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, new method is implemented and works. Since I had to rewrote almost half of the code there are little things that were working that aren't right now, so I'll be testing and fixing a lot for the next days.

Also I won't release until at least a new feature is implemented, since for the end user, 0.0.23 and 0.0.24 would be identical even if they are totally different on the inside.
Wouldn't it be wise to use this outdates protocol as long it's possible, and only update to the new protocol when it's really needed. This would extend our time for a possible next block by whatsapp.

Anyway for a new feature it could be including the new smileys
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

new feature ? maybe sending media ? or groups managing

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I'm working on sending pictures right now.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
suggesting a better icon!

Why don't you like the blue icon? I really like it (that's why it is there, because I like it).

I'm really struggling with a bug: Yappari can't receive offline multimedia messages. If you connect Yappari and you have pending multimedia messages, it'll disconnect and reconnect indefinitely until all pending multimedia messages expire. In the log you'll see something like:
Code:
read(): There was a Protocol Exception: Invalid list size in readListSize: token 0x30
Using Wireshark and other sniffers it looks like WhatsApp is sending bad streams, but it *always* does it, so there must be something wrong from my side and WhatsApp is sending me bad streams because of that.

So far that bug has state "unresolvable" (I don't have a clue how to fix it).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
I'm working on sending pictures right now.
Does this mean you already have successfully implemented all the features of .23 into the next realease which also includes the new authentication method?

Your coding speed is truely amazing!

I'm really struggling with a bug
Couldn't you somehow reject / block offline-multimedia?
The other way would be to ask all your contacts to only send media while you are online.. Wont't it?
Or (please, no..) disable this feature completely..

Originally Posted by Scorpius
Actually minutes? It's done
I have successfully made Yappari a 100% successful spoof of an original client. No more blocks from WhatsApp for the next release.
And I thought it was meant sarcastic...

Simply awesome!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Why don't you like the blue icon? I really like it (that's why it is there, because I like it).
It is a bit plain, but people should just get used to it. Or make their own and add it to their phone. That's why our phone is open-source right?

So far that bug has state "unresolvable" (I don't have a clue how to fix it).
Is there anyway Tgalal could help you with that? Not sure if any of Wazapp's feature's have anything to do with Yappari's.

great app, big thanks to the developer

after updating to the latest version 0.0.23 I am having trouble with phone calls... When calling a number I get an error message, I have to redail several times until success, but after about 30 sec of talking the line goes dead again...

Now I don't know if it has to do something with Yappari, but this problem appeared after upgrade.......

That has nothing to do with Yappari.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp