Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Hey, i was just wondering whether there was an app or a way to give selective permissions for apps to use the data network.
e.g: when i connect to my operator's 3G data connection, the twitter feed on my homescreen will refresh and my E-mail will be automatically downloaded which drains my available mbs. However, i need to use wazapp !
help please ?
sorry if this has already been asked..
Joe

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
make custom iptables rule which blocks all outgoing connections, and allow whatsapp port 5223 or what ever port is beeing used.

Need to use commandline, and most likely all capa opensh.

Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-06-06 at 20:57.

yep and need to have it allow all connections with wifi?

i need to configure this some day too so please share your setup here if u get this solved! thanks

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I wonder if we could better use aegis for this. Is there a way to change aegis capabilities granted to an application after installation? That would also allow us to block apps that make use of network while not absolutely necessary for their operation, with possible privacy concerns

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I wonder if we could better use aegis for this. Is there a way to change aegis capabilities granted to an application after installation? That would also allow us to block apps that make use of network while not absolutely necessary for their operation, with possible privacy concerns
Aegis does not limit network connectivity, all apps (unsinged and unknown origin) can connect to network without any capas. So answer is no.

Don't let iptables tutorials scare you. It is really easy after you get hang of it.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-06-07 at 13:59.

Is there any way to trigger and switch between 2G and 3G base on the data flow (e.g. 50kbps)?

Would anyone like to share their setup? thanks!