Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Well here's the workaround that the Wazapp guys did, but I think it will only work for a couple of days. Kudos to them:

http://uppit.com/3fa5hhezr36z/yappari_0.0.19_armel.deb
After 2 years of usage of the N900 I finally made an account for maemo.org just to thank you. The workaround file works great for now. Hopefully this will work for a while.

Thanks for your hard work for making the N900 a better device!

Well here's the workaround that the Wazapp guys did, but I think it will only work for a couple of days. Kudos to them:

thank u brother
it's working now
thanks alot

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
All your thanks should be directed to the guys @ Wazapp who figured it out. I was already trying to crack the new protocol. It seems it can wait.

Working for me, too. Great job! Upgraded from .15 finally.

Seems it broke the display of "<" again, but that is a rather minor annoyance in relation to the bare fact that Yappari is working once again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed hopefully that it may last a while..

I wonder if it's time to unite forces against WhatsApp.

What I mean is, maybe it's time to join forces Wazapp + Yappari (I never looked at it as a competition) + outside hackers and devs to create like maybe a semi-private forum + IRC channel with a key and share hacking techniques for Whatsapp and share all the knowledge we have.

Anyone could code the clients, that's like the easy part, but hacking the Whatsapp protocol, that's hard.

The idea of being semi-private is that if Whatsapp is reading us they will always be ahead of us.

I've been very busy lately at work so I haven't been really active in the Yappari scene, but it amazes me nobody has cracked the registration yet. Maybe they don't have the tools, but the have the knowledge and motivation.

I really think this workaround will last days if not hours.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Nice to see yappari is working
We have a dictionary problem in wazapp
Can you share it, please?
Thanks!
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria

What I mean is, maybe it's time to join forces Wazapp + Yappari (I never looked at it as a competition) + outside hackers and devs to create like maybe a semi-private forum + IRC channel with a key and share hacking techniques for Whatsapp and share all the knowledge we have.

Anyone could code the clients, that's like the easy part, but hacking the Whatsapp protocol, that's hard.

The idea of being semi-private is that if Whatsapp is reading us they will always be ahead of us.

I've been very busy lately at work so I haven't been really active in the Yappari scene, but it amazes me nobody has cracked the registration yet. Maybe they don't have the tools, but the have the knowledge and motivation.

Thats an exceptionally good idea!

With Whatsapp that doesnt want to make a simple client( I am completely sure that its 1-2 days work for them) we have to struggle making clients for our phones.

I wrote multiple times to WhatsApp support but either I am given a n00b auto-reply message or they just say "we can't discuss unsupported devices". The problem is that they still do NOT want to make clients for our phones. Hopefully they will change their minds soon.

Until then we(wazapp+yappari) must unite in a private chat-room and everybody will help however he can.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Nice to see yappari is working
We have a dictionary problem in wazapp
Can you share it, please?
Thanks!
If you're trying to crack the 1,2 version of the protocol you indeed need the new dictionary, but even then there are still some things that have changed and it's just not changing the dictionary.

Sending it to you via PM...

EDIT: By the way I'm still using the OLD dictionary for 1,1. So this dictionary I just sent you I haven't used it yet.

OLD dictionary has 242 entries.

EDIT2: I sent you the old dictionary as well.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-09-10 at 18:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy

Oh, awesome awesome awesome! Downloading now! I was back on my 'droid phone and already getting tired of it...

Say, do you accept donations? I'd like to give you my thanks with more than words.

What I mean is, maybe it's time to join forces Wazapp + Yappari
This sounds like an excellent idea - I was actually wondering why it wasn't going on already. It seems a waste of effort to have two teams work on the same problem without joining data and forces.

I only wish I could help, but my knowledge of programming and cryptography is essentially zero.

Let's hope WhatsApp aren't THAT militantly anti-third-party.

Last edited by Fallingwater; 2012-09-10 at 19:10.

Thank you scorpius for the fix

muchas gracias por la software <-- not good in spanish

There is a bug since early releases, yappari crashes if there emoji smiles I can no longer open yappari unless I remove logs containing these smiles even txtpad or leafpad cannot open logs when converted to a text using sqlite3 command

Last edited by tonypower88; 2012-09-10 at 19:26.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp