Active Topics

i ordered one from ebay for USD 55, it was listed for 50 and i asked seller that ill give him 55 but he needs to throw the cyan USB door and sim tray and he agreed on that, so for 55 i am getting a cyan chassis USB door and sim tray. Haven't received yet but eagerly waiting on it. It was an absolute steal deal. The seller said as the OEM parts are hard to find as the phone itself is new and has not been produced in large quantity as compared to other phones. They are just buying a new phone as its easier for them to buy phone then parts and they are taking it apart and selling it in pieces.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
can anyone link me to an N9 original case seller?
mate i mentioned this two posts before yours, "Headlane ltd" sells official parts for both n9 and the lumia

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I had ordered several N95 housings in the past, none was as good as the original, and one 5800 digitizer that claimed to be genuine. It wasn't (it didn't have the polarizing filter), and it didn't even work.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i ordered one from ebay for USD 55, it was listed for 50 and i asked seller that ill give him 55 but he needs to throw the cyan USB door and sim tray and he agreed on that, so for 55 i am getting a cyan chassis USB door and sim tray. Haven't received yet but eagerly waiting on it. It was an absolute steal deal. The seller said as the OEM parts are hard to find as the phone itself is new and has not been produced in large quantity as compared to other phones. They are just buying a new phone as its easier for them to buy phone then parts and they are taking it apart and selling it in pieces.
Could you please provide the link of where you bought it on ebay as i live in the US and was wondering where you could buy OEM chassis?

Originally Posted by slansr View Post
mate i mentioned this two posts before yours, "Headlane ltd" sells official parts for both n9 and the lumia
ya what I meant is direct link. but never mind will just google it. are those OEM parts theyre selling?

i need a detailed video from maemo community showing how to change the n9 battery. anyone are planning to do this?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
i need a detailed video from maemo community showing how to change the n9 battery. anyone are planning to do this?
I have posted a link to a russian video that shows very clearly how to take the n9 apart and one of the steps is removing the battery. I get that you wont understand the language and the video isnt as detailed as maybe wanted by some thats why i have also posted a link to my thread at xda which tells you in every little detail how to take apart the lumia and also has a 20 min video(not mine) that is in english and explains everything very very well. Before everyone starts going crazy that im talking about the lumia, the two phones are almost identical when it comes to this. So you can combine the watching of the russian video and my notes from the lumia and you'll have your guide.

once again: russian n9 video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJtUbnM46E

my thread with another video and all the details and instructions you'll ever need:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1526844

Last edited by slansr; 2012-03-10 at 09:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to slansr For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slansr View Post
my thread with another video and all the details and instructions you'll ever need:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1526844
Thanks, have added that thread to the guide (search for "dismantling")
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gEyYtfrDI/edit

I ordered 2 housings. One from digital_supermarkets and the other from komazys. Both were perfect. The komazys case was identical to factory including the markings on the bottom of the case where it has the CE markings. The digital_supermarkets cyan case had different markings with Japanese characters. The physical case has held up perfectly and is perfect quality but that is the only difference to speak off.

PS - the cases come with flash and speaker leaving you a few pieces less to swap when you switch the cases. I love my Cyan swapped housing and easily recommend both vendors.

Komazys was particularly helpful in sourcing me the matching USB door and SIM housing. Excellent customer service and communication. Order with confidence.

The Following User Says Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
My digital_supermarkets one has arrived and has standard CE markings. Expecting a torx kit and magic plectrum to arrive today so I should be able to post back soon with the result of my hamfisted re-casing.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post: