Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Three of us noiw. Is someone coming from north and needing a lift? May be possible to get a lift.
If the ferries would sync better i could make the 1.8kKm in 16hours.
But 25hours as prospected by gmaps is a bit much...
Have fun all!
IRL meetings are great, give yourself a push if you are undecided

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Almost came a problem. I told my mom who are coming to the meeting: mr_pingu, catbus, etc. "None such shall enter to our summer cottage. We need real names!" Me: "Actually nonsuch shall enter too." My mother has total trust on her 44 year old son. Now everything is ok. Just need to here names in case of the whole place burns down and comes bodies, as my mother put it. But no names here on the forum.

Still waiting for more people confirming they are coming.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-03-09 at 08:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Our meeting may be in jeopardy because of this corona thing. I live in Helsinki, use mainly train as my public transportation on rush hours, the train line which takes people to the airport. And for my job I visit weekly 8 different schools fixing handcraft tools and bigger machines. So my work week includes a lot of occasions to get the virus, touching tools students are using, using same toilets, and already now on some of my schools people are in quarantine. If our work team of 20 guys would get this virus, we would in a one week as each visits all their schools weekly spread it to 140 schools in Helsinki. Students have hobbies and other contacts and parents and boom - it would be everywhere. And my two kids go schools which I don't so they bring from there all the viruses and stuff back home. No wonder I have been sick a lot. But I will inform straightaway if this nasty thing happens. Untill then we stick with the plan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Mr_pingu is not gonna travel to Finland as it is adviced not to travel if not absolutely neccessary. Still waiting to hear what eekkelund says. They may be possible that there would be four of us or even five if eekkelund comes. At the moment still three for sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Let's try with a carrot: I just made a deal of Nokia N9 phone. Gonna get it later this month, not sure if before meeting. We could have a lottery of it (hope someone who is coming is interested of the phone). If there comes two persons (me not included), attaining lottery would be 5€, if three persons then 3€, four 2,5€. Winner gets 16gb N9. Should be in a working condition. If only one attains lottery it will be 10€ . Not for reseller though. If no one who comes is interested I will offer it here on the forum.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Mr_pingu is not gonna travel to Finland as it is adviced not to travel if not absolutely neccessary. Still waiting to hear what eekkelund says. They may be possible that there would be four of us or even five if eekkelund comes. At the moment still three for sure.
Got even worse, got in quarantaine because I traveled to Germany previous week...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Sorry to inform but the maemo meeting in Kokemäki is now cancelled. Reason: My parents move there from the city. They normally live there around the year as much as possible and they decided to move this early this year to have less contacts while shopping. They are both quite ill and have many reasons why not to get that virus - if possible - or at least postpone it as long as possible.

So that was the bad news. Good news is that I will not drop this matter, just put on hold for a while. And other good news: There are two guys who would probably come to the meeting next time. Yesterday while shopping I met a guy who I knew worked with maemo on Nokia. He was interested on coming to a meeting and has been following Leste a bit (after I mentioned about it couple of years ago) but he is not a member of the forum or anything.

And there is one other wizard who hasssles with all kinds of devices and has several N900s on use and is a coder. He could not come on this meeting but possibly on the next one.

So untill this virus stuff settles I won't suggest a new meeting. And during summer time our cottage is not an option cause my parents live there.

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-03-13 at 08:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Have not kept up with threads here so not sure about topic.Why not have a teleconference for starters and build from there?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
I prefer physical meeting. Just have to wait for it a bit longer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Sad.
I hadn't even thought of the Corona thing becoming a dealbreaker but of course it makes sense.
Thank dog we have the forums!
Hopefully later (in summer, jeeee)!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: