Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
If it's like the appworld in the playbook then I'll have to agree, so many useless and half-baked apps, not to mention the 1:1 android ports that don't exactly work like they should.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
App store is full of crap apps says Engadget Review...........
The verge says and kinda shows the same thing, looks like it needs meego apps like Cutetube, GnewsReader, etc...

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
As stated in my first post I was not particularly impressed, except for the awesome countdown. But when I was out running I thought of this private/corporate duel funktion.

1. Is that included as a free service?
2. Do blackberry provide a backend for corporation or can corporation implement their own DMS?
3.on what level are the private/corporate sliced? Is it user/password. Device Id ip or som kind of VPN? What?
4. How can we know that our companies/blackberry don't have a backdoor between the two?
5. Who owns the data on the device? When both corporate and private are available?

Not sure if you guys know everything but you might have some knowledge?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Z10 looks nice, but not sure BB10 is enough of a step from N9.

Plus I have lots of questions about this new platform. I imagine these will only be answered once someone has a device to play with, they aren't the type of things the reviewers seem interested in.

1) Does BB10 support multiple Exchange accounts via EAS
2) Does BB10 Balance need BES, or can it simply be enabled by the user and then they connect work to one Exchange via EAS and home to Gmail or whatever...
3) What is Google support like? CalDAV/CardDAV/IMAP?
4) Can multiple Calendars be synced?
5) Can multiple Contact service be synced (Exchange/CardDAV?)
6) IF exchange policy requests PIN, does BB10 prompt for PIN on wake up, or on switch to Work profile?
7) Other questions I haven't thought of yet!

PS. And it appears now that even MS are going to support CalDAV/CardDAV. And Google extend EAS support until July (that might be good for us Harmatten users too )

Last edited by nbedford; 2013-01-30 at 19:09. Reason: Added Q6

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
matt miller from cnet @palmsolo is tweeting from his Z10, so if you have questions its a good place to get an answer right now

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
BB10 looks nice and i believe if you want the best ecosystem on the Harmattan, Ubuntu and Sailfish pile. It's BB10.
Never really understood BB and the UI to me feels like it's trying to get around some of the natural N9 gestures.

But then i'm looking for a secondary toy phones featuring these OS's so my reasons to buy different phones are so illogical as it can be.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
As stated in my first post I was not particularly impressed, except for the awesome countdown. But when I was out running I thought of this private/corporate duel funktion.
. . .
4. How can we know that our companies/blackberry don't have a backdoor between the two?
5. Who owns the data on the device? When both corporate and private are available?

Not sure if you guys know everything but you might have some knowledge?
Regarding question 5.:

I saw in an interview with a BB executive that the BB10 devices could be set up such that the company would have the power to remote wipe the corporate side, but not the personal side, so I'd say the Company owns the Company's data.

Regarding question 4.:

I'd suppose you'd have to trust them or test it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Bah, no blackberry hub after the dev alpha update... Disappointed.

Edit: it seems there's another update...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Yeah any N9 user will feel right at home with BB10. Cannot wait for the firmware update today for dev alpha and eventually the fully-functional devices!

Now it is Jolla's turn to deliver...
Looks way more complicated than Harmattan tbh (both BB10 & Sailfish)

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2013-01-30 at 22:13.

BB makes complete our Meego OS left in misery!

Tags
bb 10, blackberry