As I was utterly impressed with my Nokia N9 the first 4 weeks, I am so frustrated with it for the last couple of weeks that it made me return to an iPhone 5.
For no apparent reason my N9 in the midst of a call gave up on me and from that moment on did not want to recognise my SIM card any longer. Despite all the flash attempts I did (which only ended up in a phone becoming more unstable actually) I couldn't revitalise the phone to a state that it became usable again. To me this is unheard of for a brand new phone and it has certainly changed my opinion about the device.
I have now returned it to Nokia Care to have it fixed but I can't see it to become my primary phone device again, unreliable as it has proven to be.

Last edited by ridmaur; 2012-12-27 at 11:56.

Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
As I was utterly impressed with my Nokia N9 the first 4 weeks, I am so frustrated with it for the last couple of weeks that it made me return to an iPhone 5.
For no apparent reason my N9 in the midst of a call gave up on me and from that moment on did not want to recognise my SIM card any longer. Despite all the flash attempts I did (which only ended up in a phone becoming more unstable actually) I couldn't revitalise the phone to a state that it became usable again. To me this is unheard of for a brand new phone and it has certainly changed my opinion about the device.
I have now returned it to Nokia Care to have it fixed but I can't see it to become my primary phone device again, unreliable as it has proven to be.
Sounds like a hardware problem..
What were the symptoms? Hanging? Rebooting? Just shutting off?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
You must've got a faulty piece. If the hardware is not responding, you can't use it at all. As simple as that. Now if your iPhone's hardware goes wrong at any point of time, you would also call iPhone as a non-reliable phone.

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-12-27 at 11:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
change title to: "I am saying goodbye"

@HELLASISGREECE: Good point, I will

@ranbaxy: I've had numerous iPhones, never had any hardware issues with them. And from what I can google, I am not the only one having this "There is a problem with your SIM card" issue. Also mixed stories on how it can be resolved; some were able to reflash their phones and solve it; I obviously was not.

@tortoisedoc: All worked except any of the phone functions (call, SIM) as it could not find a SIM card, not discover an IMEI number from it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The IMEI number has nothing to do with the sim card. You probably mean IMSI.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
@OP: If you are talking about IMEI, did you try using another operator's SIM card?
Because, operators can put your IMEI in black list, white list or in grey list. If in case your IMEI is in black list, using another operator's SIM card would solve the issue.
[EDIT] But I see no reason why your IMEI should be blacklisted (saw your other thread where you mentioned that the phone you purchased is not pre-owned) [/EDIT]

EDIT: But I guess, even if your device is blacklisted, it should show the IMEI...

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-12-27 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
@OP: Did you try using another operator's SIM card?
Because, operators can put your IMEI in black list, white list or grey list. If in case your IMEI is in black list, using another operator's SIM card would solve the issue...

EDIT: But I guess, even if your device is blacklisted, it should show IMEI...
No, no, no. Whatever SIM card I put in, it was not recognised. As soon as I rebooted the phone, the first prompt I saw was "There is a problem with your SIM card". And when I brought up the About screen in Settings, it didn't gave me an IMEI number. Also *#06# did not return a result.
For the record: that error message even appeared when there was NO SIM card in the phone, so I think the error message is not completely explaining the problem which is: the phone simply could not find a SIM card and most likely it is related to a hardware failure.

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The IMEI number has nothing to do with the sim card. You probably mean IMSI.
I meant IMEI number, I am not too knowledgeable whether that is related to a SIM card or not but I guess from your statement it isn't. However, like replied elsewhere I couldn't get an IMEI number from the phone in any way other than looking at the box in which it was shipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Are you able to make emergency calls?

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-12-27 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post: