Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Here is the easiest method and it worked instantly for me
Code:
sudo chmod 0777 /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf
thanks to knarf who figured out that permissions are the problem

Last edited by tanago; 2012-08-22 at 08:12.

Originally Posted by pratapamn View Post
Hi guys, I tried this way. When I open yappari, it says connected for 2 secs and goes back to the registration screen. I have to again click on back and reach the home screen. I then select sync now to update the contacts. I get the list of contact when I click on create chat but, none of them show online when I tried to ping them.

Could you please tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
that seems to be a bug. whether it connects or not it says connected quickly before changing to whatever the real status is.
so long as yappari.conf and yappari.log have the same permissions the program will work as intended

I've asked Scorpius but he gave no reaction.

Since Yappari's logfile contains URL's to multimedia messages, I've wrote my very first Qt application that will scan the whole logfile for url's.
It will show dateTime and the name of the sender in a list and if you doubleclick it will open the multimedia-message in the default browser.
The feature i've wrote yesterday is that you can download all the images/multimedia at once because the whatsapp-servers will only store the messages for a short time (2 weeks or something).

As I said, its my first app.
the logfile is readed at: /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
the download-dir is: /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads
for now you can't change these locations.

I like to share this app with you but can not give a lot of support because were all waiting for Scorpius to build-in multimedia messages in Yappari..

yappariLogReader - 70 KB
o, if you want the source, that no problem, please contact me...
I hope you like it also...
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zwevert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
when you open yapparilogreader, it greats you nicely with "hoi" :P Other than that I always ge firstt Download error: Connection refused but after that I see Downloads Succesfull (should only be 1 L at the end) and my images were nicely downloaded to /home/user/MyDocs/YappariDownloads after I run the following command: mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads

Good job!
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by knarf View Post
that seems to be a bug. whether it connects or not it says connected quickly before changing to whatever the real status is.
so long as yappari.conf and yappari.log have the same permissions the program will work as intended
I have changed the permissions of both the files however, when I open yappari it says connected for exactly two secs and again goes to the registration page. I click back and I get to the hompage.

Secondly, none of the contacts receive my messages. Also, when they try to ping me I don't receive them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by pratapamn View Post
I have changed the permissions of both the files however, when I open yappari it says connected for exactly two secs and again goes to the registration page. I click back and I get to the hompage.

Secondly, none of the contacts receive my messages. Also, when they try to ping me I don't receive them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
firstly does your yappari ever say logged in?

Originally Posted by knarf View Post
firstly does your yappari ever say logged in?
The only thing I see is connected. It never says logged in.

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
I've asked Scorpius but he gave no reaction.

Since Yappari's logfile contains URL's to multimedia messages, I've wrote my very first Qt application that will scan the whole logfile for url's.
It will show dateTime and the name of the sender in a list and if you doubleclick it will open the multimedia-message in the default browser.
The feature i've wrote yesterday is that you can download all the images/multimedia at once because the whatsapp-servers will only store the messages for a short time (2 weeks or something).

As I said, its my first app.
the logfile is readed at: /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
the download-dir is: /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads
for now you can't change these locations.

I like to share this app with you but can not give a lot of support because were all waiting for Scorpius to build-in multimedia messages in Yappari..

yappariLogReader - 70 KB
o, if you want the source, that no problem, please contact me...
I hope you like it also...

wow such a great app it worked like a dream to me though i had to "mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads" i wonder if you can talk with scorpius and integrate ds on yappari so at list we can get multimedia massages on yappari

@zwevert: Can you please tell me how to open the app in the N900? Thank you!

Originally Posted by yazu View Post
@zwevert: Can you please tell me how to open the app in the N900? Thank you!
go to xtnerminal change the file permission then run it by " ./yappariLogReader " without the qoutes

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp