Notices

My bad,last night I have flashed my N9 and I was forgot to switch on Developer mode from Settings,now all is OK

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Apps/Submit - please submit to apps4meego :P Thanks in advance. (icons and screenshots should be uploaded separetly and not inside package, and the names should be specific — http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Apps/Packaging would help you with that, but again use osc instead web UI :P )

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Done. I hope it goes through this time.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Nice app but the OVI price is a killer ;-). BTW. Do to the name used one cannot find the app neither by searching for pcam nor by searching for rawcam (and as you mentioned ρ/ro is not even available with standard keyboards).

So I'm not sure what is in the OVI version but after using the one from here I have the following suggestions:
  • The gallery button works strange - it seems as if it shows the first photo taken after starting the app rather then the one I just took.
  • Adding to above it would be better if it allow to move through photos (swipe) rather then making the user to go to real gallery.
  • There is also no feedback (preferably haptic) of taking the photo (as already mentioned by others). This in connection with no 1 constantly makes me wonder each time if I already took the photo or not.
  • There is also clearly a bug - once I take one photo with flash I cannot disable it. It seem to stay enabled until I restart the app.
  • Haptic feedback for other buttons rather then activity frame (dotted border) for other buttons would be nice.

BTW. What does this lighting with dots button do? I thought some menu would open but it doesn't seem to work or the button does something I'm not aware of.

Having said all that I do like the manual modes - especially focus and ISO. I never thought it would be available for my N9. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post:
eccenux thanks for the feedback.

1. Ovi version has nothing more. It's there just for the people who would like to support development. I know 10€ is much in the smartphone app world but in the real world it's less than two beers in a pub.

2. The photos are very big and take some time to save. The gallery button shows the last saved photo which might be taken a little while back. (see how long it does to show up in the first place)

3. I would love that too, but I don't want to implement a gallery app by myself, and just opening the photo in the default gallery is the nearest I could do. If somebody would jump on the project to help create a viewing mode he's very welcome. I will focus on picture taking features if this project is to continue.

4. Feedback is something that should be there, I agree. Will see what can be done.

5. bug confirmed. I will check it out.

6. Haptic feedback means shake and I don't know if this is desired in a camera app. I will think about feedback though, you have a point.

7. The .../ flash icon fires the flash just before the frame finishes instead of when starting. When shooting bright moving objects in the dark, for example a guy running, carrying a torch, with normal flash the picture will show the guy and a line of light in front of him. Back curtain flash will show the line trailing the guy.

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/flashwor...ain/index.html

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
eccenux thanks for the feedback.

6. Haptic feedback means shake and I don't know if this is desired in a camera app. I will think about feedback though, you have a point.
Hell no! Everything but vibra feedback in camera program, pretty please. Or at least, make it optional.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

We agree here, but feedback is not always vibration. so there can be other ways.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
oh thank goodness for an app that can use the camera properly.

on the N8 we always had mods we could install to crank the quality of the photos up, etc.

the standard photos seem a bit poor, i have to say.

The Following User Says Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
What about a timer? If a set a 1s time and tap the screen, the phone will certainly move and results in blurry image.
Having a 2s, 10s (at least) timer, would certainly help getting sharper images.

Also, chosing ISO: what about have 'stops' at 100, 200, 400 up to 3200? Kind of snapping to grid while having the option to go in between those values. I find it very hard to set ISO 200 precisely.
Same for time (usual times from regular camera phones).

Moreover, yes, I also vote for feedback. I never know if I took the picture or not. Could be flashing of the screen or a little vibration to say picture's ready to view.

Thanks for this and last question, is code closed?

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
good app , you can see raw photos with a better camera app and with this pcam , I am now testing the two apps, raw photos.