Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
What i hope now, is that we will see this app soon on Apps For Meego. Not just ovi store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I want to thank also everyone who voted ProfileMatic and ToggleWlanScan. It does give a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing there is so many who appreciate the work. Thank you!

Also big thanks to the people putting the competition together, and ALL the participants. I was amazed at the amount of great applications produced. And so many from "beginners". It's great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
THANK you ALL who voted for N9 QTweak !
You guys made my day Thanks to all developers that create so many cool apps for our devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I would like to say:
Thanks a lot to all those who voted for modRana & Mieru. Much appreciated !!

Also, thanks to all other participants, organizers, voters, testers and application users ! Without you, all this would not be possible.

And now back to development.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Hello !

I m shy to ask this question, but i think i m not the only one in this case...
Is there any change for those like me which are 5th to win something ? ( If one of winners wins in other category or refuse their price or ... )

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to titilambert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by titilambert View Post
Hello !

I m shy to ask this question, but i think i m not the only one in this case...
Is there any change for those like me which are 5th to win something ? ( If one of winners wins in other category or refuse their price or ... )

Thanks
Oh you don't need to be shy, you're among friends!

Well done on coming in 5th in the preliminary count Yep, there's certainly a chance of winning something - we have 4 devices as prizes in the network & communications category then the community bounty shares come after that.. But we'll know more at the end of the weekend. So anyone with a similar question please hang tight - there won't be long to find out

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by titilambert View Post
m shy to ask this question, but i think i m not the only one in this case...
If there are 2 N950 and 2 N9 in your category there should be a good chance to get a amount of the community bounty as a small consolation. No device, but enought money to buy several raspberry pi's.

I haven't found in the wiki how the bounty gets splitted. But I guess we said somewhere in this thread it will get divides by 7. 5th place in the main category, 4th place in the updates and 3rd place in the beginners section.

Kojacker, correct my if I'm wrong.

Edit: Boah, slow, slower, Helmuth!

Last edited by Helmuth; 2012-09-28 at 12:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I wonder, how many people have voted for my application? Looking up... Thirty four voters (of ninety five voters in this category) included Virtransim into their list, and of them only eight voters put VirtRanSim onto a place after fourteenth (places 21, 17, 21, 22, 18, 19, 20, 21); three voters put Virtransim onto the first place (myself one of the three voters). Not bad, considering that I have done no "advertising" of it.
That's the effect of (most) STV systems, first places have a lot more weight than later places and you always get eliminated early, because you only have 3 first places.
OpenSTV unfortunately does not support SchulzeSTV, would be interesting to see the results using this. For elections with so few participants it should be feasible to use Schulze STV, but nobody knows the number of candidates in advance (determining a winning set for Schulze STV is not known to be in P).

I'm also interested in the mathematical background of using multiple instances of STV in sequence. If anyone could provide some links, I would be quite thankful. E.g. it's interesting to see, that virtransim gets eliminated after my program (flatboat) in most of the first runs, but when it comes to 10th place the surplus helps flatboat to overcome virtransim.

I'm somewhat surprised that Saera won (it looked promising for ages, but its current utility is not that uge) and virtransim and maecaltasks performed so differently. On the other hand seeing MeeCoLay and modrana win is no surprise at all.

Finally congrats to all the winners (in fact to all the contestants) and thanks to all who voted for flatboat (especially to the bullet voter). If you have some time please leave a comment on the support thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ palencia
Congratulations to all the winners!!!
I would have liked to win, but ...other time!!!
Now, I can try a meego phone only in the simulator,

Thanks to all people who voted Adventlands, I hope you liked it!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommyj23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
So vote ended ... time to update KhtNotes to version 2.10

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas