Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by PatsJolla View Post
Hi Cepi,
yes I have 1.1.9.28 running with the older Whatsup 1.9 there was also no problem.
I also turned off the "Lauch Whatsup at startup" Option as mentioned before and several times disconnected and then closed the app before restarting still no contacts.

I now restarted the phone and I can see the list of contacts again.
BUT...in reverse Order... my list starts with Z entries..haha.. not really a problem but a bit uncomfortable and irritating if you don't expect it.
Are you sure you really have restarted the app? Disconnecting is not enough, you have to choose "quit" in right menu (or kill whatsup through terminal). Only Mitäkuuluu3 quits by disconnecting and swiping from top

Originally Posted by Baspar View Post
Strangely, sms registration worked out of the box in my case...
Well, i was already registered on android app before, perhaps it has sonething to do with that
Then is is even more weird for me. I tried all situations. Registered on Android, on ios. Even drop the registration on both? But in no way I can register with sms/call me inside Whatsup.

Maybe someone over here can tell me if it is an problem if you are registered on the ios/android client and then want to try it in Sailfish?

Maybe using a backup (with no history) of an other user is usefull? So it looks like I used Whatsup before, and then try to register my phonenumber?

I hope someone can give me an answer.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
What about sending log files? It's not easy to guess what's your problem...
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
Are you sure you really have restarted the app? Disconnecting is not enough, you have to choose "quit" in right menu (or kill whatsup through terminal). Only Mitäkuuluu3 quits by disconnecting and swiping from top
Now it works again as usual...
very strange...

The contact list is now sorted from A till Z as it should be but In didn't restart the app at all in between.
Well my problem is "solved" somehow by itsself .. I'll keep an eye on it in case it is happening again I will try to collect logs ASAP, thanks for the support...

Originally Posted by richdb View Post

If Ik look in the terminal I see this output:

SMS
[w] unknown:285 - file:///usr/share/whatsup/qml/pages/RegisterPage.qml:285: TypeError: Cannot call method 'substring' of undefined

CallME
[w] unknown:308 - file:///usr/share/whatsup/qml/pages/RegisterPage.qml:308: TypeError: Cannot call method 'substring' of undefined
This is from version 0.2.1. Think in 0.2.2 it will be the same message.

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
BTW, it seems to me that sending messages using ENTER instead of the button does not exhibit the bug, doesn't it?
Another observation, with tohkbd2 attached, one can also use the send button and it works. it seems like a bit weird bug

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by richdb View Post
This is from version 0.2.1. Think in 0.2.2 it will be the same message.
Thanks! That's a nice bug report
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Another update time guys!

Download Whatsup0.2-3
(Click on the orange DOWNLOAD NOW button)

Changelog:
- Fixed Registration account
- Fixed missing last word when sending message
- Fixed some Emoji bugs

Known Issues:
- When adding a second emoji to a message, it's added to the beginning of the text input

Have fun!

Don't forget to donate in-app if you like the update (and if you would love that Whatsup is still maintained )

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-10-16 at 03:39.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
It is working! Thank you all! Registration really works well now, and finally I can us Whatsup on my Jolla phone. This is already an awesome friday :-)

Donated few bucks to my friend

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup