Active Topics

Hi folks,

I just installed Swipe Manager in order to take full advantage of the Swipe UI concept. However, I'm not really satisfied with this app, since there are huge lags when swiping: if you start to swipe, the wrong screen is shown in the background for about half a second. After that, the background changes to the correct one. I don't think that's the way it is supposed to work since I saw a pr1.1 N9 running Swipe Manager perfectly on YouTube... BTW I'm running Swipe Manager 0.0.3 on a pr1.3 N9. Please let me know if Swipe Manager works for anyone of you running the same configuration!

No it doesn't.......atleast for me :0

I noticed the same thing when using that app and it bothers me as it makes the UI look somewhat inconsistent.

I would guess it's a limitation of the system in a way since it needs to change the page that appears if it's not the one that are "under" the app when swiping away. Hence it feels like lag while you are actuallt "cheating" the system in a way. If the process went faster I guess you would not notice it as much.

Well, but it worked perfectly on lower firmware versions, check out the following YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ty1GRR4KI&sns=em

Too bad it doesn't work for me, since this app is an extremely valuable extension to the stock UI :-(

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
it stopped working after PR 1.2

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Hey! Is there a way to configure swipes manually by editing some *.conf file in n9. I'm all interested. Cannot find any howtos for PR 1.3 on the net. Thanks for any infos!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
There is. Edit ~/.config/mcompositor/new-mcompositor.conf

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Someone please help us :c
I tried tinkering with the .conf itself, meh, nothing worked.
I do not know which among these will fix the wrong-screen-for-about-a-second stuff. Look what I've done ;--;

cancel-short-edge-swipe=0.77
;startup-anim-duration=377
crossfade-duration=177
;sheet-anim-duration=377
;chained-anim-duration=397
swipe-duration=277
released-swipe-duration=107
;restore-plus-swipe-duration=477