Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Why are you guys trying to get ProfileMatic in such weird ways instead of using Nokia Store?

You can get the deb by clicking this url:
http://store.ovi.com/content/216122/download

First you must be signed into the store, and probably have N9 selected as your phone.
Yeah, you right . BTW download problem disappeared in 2 hours )

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
LOL...i downloaded from the store and was under the impression that 3sigma was unable to do so hence he was doing it from terminal which is why i was showing him alternative methods...

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I'm a bit unwilling to run the custom action in a shell... it's unnecessary overhead if you just want to run one application.

If you want to run it in shell like that, then you must run it in shell, for example:

Code:
sh -c "grob && fenix"

That's totally wrong and I have no idea why it works.
sorry it worked for me via terminal..
ok ans if i want to open app from /opt folder, like operamobile ? I need to write full path like /opt/operamobile-labs/operamobile ?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
sorry it worked for me via terminal..
ok ans if i want to open app from /opt folder, like operamobile ? I need to write full path like /opt/operamobile-labs/operamobile ?
Yes, because those are not in the search path like stuff in /usr/bin.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Hi guys, I just got the N9 and love it so far. The first app I installed was ProfileMatic . Quick newbie question: do I need to keep ProfileMatic running in the background for it to work, or can I close it once I've set up all my rules?

Sorry if this has been asked before -- a quick Google search didn't bring up any useful results for me.

I also have two feature requests:
1. the ability to change the screen's brightness and/or color profile
2. the ability to enable/disable GPS

Thanks,
Tom

Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Hi guys, I just got the N9 and love it so far. The first app I installed was ProfileMatic . Quick newbie question: do I need to keep ProfileMatic running in the background for it to work, or can I close it once I've set up all my rules?
Thanks for the first install. You can close the application once the rules have been set-up, it'll work in background.

Sorry if this has been asked before -- a quick Google search didn't bring up any useful results for me.
Perhaps not. But this information reads in gray at the bottom of the rules :P.

1. the ability to change the screen's brightness and/or color profile
2. the ability to enable/disable GPS
Enabling/disabling GPS is probably not possible for 3rd party applications. But I'll write those down to look into them in future.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Perhaps not. But this information reads in gray at the bottom of the rules :P.
Doh! Sometimes the most obvious things are just right below your nose. In this case, quite literally ^^.

Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Doh! Sometimes the most obvious things are just right below your nose. In this case, quite literally ^^.

Keep up the good work.
Will try. And congrats on your new phone!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
That's some strange behavior. Do you remember what kind of conditions you had for the rules that changed power saving mode? The only kind of rule I can imagine off the top of my head that could cause power saving mode flapping would be something like this:

- Condition: WLAN
- Action: Power Saving Mode on, restores previous

I was actually looking for those as I thought it was my mistake but I think it was jumping between two cases one with powersaving on

With this kind of rule, when connected to WLAN power saving mode goes on. But with power saving mode on, the device automatically disconnects from WLAN when it's not in use, which would restore restoring power saving mode to off. And so it'd cycle.

But the frequent reboots sound fishy too.
- Condition: WLAN
- Action: Power Saving Mode off, restores previous

I had another "I thought it is rebooting"-showing the PIN gui, bootreason reads pwr_key... state normal *sigh* so that was not fixed by uninstalling profilematic... installing latest again, will change my setup of cases and report back with upcoming issues, for the not used for a while cases over last weekend the "work cases" did not get used for about 2 1/2 days and hit in just right, next weekend it will be 4 days, will see how that is going

Last edited by chemist; 2012-07-26 at 11:03.