Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
My second N900 also failed me.. so i am looking out for a new phone.. my budget is rs.15000($275)

i have these choices N9-64GB lumia 520 and lumia 620

the fact is i love N9 but it was not released in my country(India). so if get one and "if" it faces any hardware problems, i can not repair it here..

My needs: phone should support facebook and other chat IM's, great audio performance and good battery standby(i had a blue scud which lasted almost 9hrs on heavy usage on my N900)

i wish to go with N9(PS: i would need some help initially using the terminal and are there any complains with the hardware??).. any suggestions??

EDIT: N9-64gb is $270 in ebay

can i go with the N9?

Last edited by visN900; 2013-05-14 at 01:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
I serious doubt if N9 and those two lower end-lumias are playing in the same league. Just hardware-wise I think you would get more from your N9 than the mentioned lumias. My sister is also using an N9, and she lives happily without a terminal.

If you are careful in installing apps, it would easily survive > 1 day. How do you define heavy usage? The only downside for a heavy user is that the battery is not removable. Common IM services are available, you may want to check extraplugins project.

Considering N9 is not supported in your country, you probably are on your own if your device is f**ked up. However the probability of getting a faulty unit is probably comparable to hitting a jackpot (: Just make sure you are getting a new unit then it should be fine.

Just out of curiousity, if you are considering WP8, why not Android then?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
i used to be online 24x7(voip accounts like facebook and gtalk are always active) browse the net for about 6-7hrs a day.. Will play videos in max brightness for about 2hrs and listen to songs for about 3-4 hrs.. Thats how i had used my n900..
In that price point there r no worthy android sets available..
R there any hardware problems in particular with n9 like usb hub failure in n900??

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Galaxy S3 mini is really worth it at that price point. But I'd definitely go with N9. Much classier.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
I haven't seen or read about problems with the micro-USB port of N9. As qwazix says, the N9 is elegant and stylish

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
In India currently, Samsung Galaxy Grand is going for around ₹18,000. If you consider Android go for that especially since its a dual-sim variant. Yes the screen resolution is poor but for that size if you are someone who wants apps + heavy browsing its obviously a neat deal.

The N9 is still unique but if you are Joe Average looking for a new primary phone the Grand might be more suited to you...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ India
can anyone tell me if can a nokia n9 can that nokia n900 can't? i about to switch from n900 to n9.

The Following User Says Thank You to ijAcK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ijAcK View Post
can anyone tell me if can a nokia n9 can that nokia n900 can't? i about to switch from n900 to n9.
You want to can a Nokia N9? Are you sure you want to put the N9 in a Pepsi can? It might not fit.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ India
yes can in a pepsi can.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
In India currently, Samsung Galaxy Grand is going for around ₹18,000. If you consider Android go for that especially since its a dual-sim variant. Yes the screen resolution is poor but for that size if you are someone who wants apps + heavy browsing its obviously a neat deal.

The N9 is still unique but if you are Joe Average looking for a new primary phone the Grand might be more suited to you...
yes i am looking out for a primary phone.. I am not crazy about apps.. But looks matter a lot for me.. I'll go with the N9 itself.. It looks sexy with its hot ui and abduntant storage(64gb)..