Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Next Sailfish update will be a CSSU release... and it may take several months
thanks for the update, but what does that mean in practical terms?

does it mean it will work on cyanogenmod 12.1?
based on the 2.0 (proper)?
ota updates will work once installed?
something else?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
That means nothing!
I don't think there will be another update from Jolla and probably people here will start a community project for this.
If it happens, whoever wants to start this project, count with me if I still here.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Second name of Jolla company is Soon.
You finally came to the dark side and made a joke with Jolla. Good one

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Jolla would have had at least two updates in progress when the crisis hit. Anyone know how far along they were? Maybe the next one was nearly finished and could be released. I think that's what MSameer was hinting at.

Wow, guys, read the news, read between the lines. Seriously. No more updates unless Jolla gets funding. Releasing updates means supporting them and so on.
Want more updates? Find somebody with €10 million to spare and have them contact Jolla.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Wow, guys, read the news, read between the lines. Seriously. No more updates unless Jolla gets funding. Releasing updates means supporting them and so on.
Want more updates? Find somebody with €10 million to spare and have them contact Jolla.
Originally Posted by MSameer
How all this will affect the Jolla phone or the updates? I have no idea. All I know is we are trying to push out the next update but it's just hard given the amount of sailors we have now.
It wouldn't be an update like we know it. It would be a collection of the stuff that was ready for the next proper update, maybe some works-in-progress. Probably a good idea to show there are people still alive in the new office (which I'm told looks very nice)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Jolla would have had at least two updates in progress when the crisis hit. Anyone know how far along they were? Maybe the next one was nearly finished and could be released. I think that's what MSameer was hinting at.
AFAIK it has been hinted from a few sources that an update is being prepared and might be already in the internal/closed-beta stage.

And when you think about it, releasing another update might be the best you can do when you are in a crisis and need to secure more investment money & licensing partners/-s. It makes you product (Sailfish OS) better, more suitable for licensing and makes use of your existing (remaining) resources without having to shell out money to an external entity (as with shipping the remaining tablets).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
AFAIK it has been hinted from a few sources that an update is being prepared and might be already in the internal/closed-beta stage.

And when you think about it, releasing another update might be the best you can do when you are in a crisis and need to secure more investment money & licensing partners/-s. It makes you product (Sailfish OS) better, more suitable for licensing and makes use of your existing (remaining) resources without having to shell out money to an external entity (as with shipping the remaining tablets).
I actually saw that new update quickly today, when helping Jolla to move new office. If I remember right it was 2.0.1.14 _MAYBE_.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I actually saw that new update quickly today, when helping Jolla to move new office. If I remember right it was 2.0.1.14 _MAYBE_.
That would make our hearts glad once more... The new office is also a good news as those quitting or giving up do not need a new office

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Proving that they can still function at this reduced level is a very positive sign.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:

Tags
12th of never