Notices

I own an N900 with power kernel 51 and cssu thumb. I have a serious problem even with 1,04. After using rawcam and exit screen colours get a little bit mess and normal camera could not start. Restarting solve the problem . Is the fcam drivers that cause the problem or rawcam? (blessn900 does not have such a problem).

Last edited by hadjistyllis; 2012-12-14 at 14:19.

just wanna say this app is useful and amazing
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fallenzone For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
@jsmarriat, noted. Any other info about when the problem occurs (or doesn't) is useful

@hadjistyllis: Known problem, my fault. With freemangordon's help I think I know what is at fault, hopefully there will be a fix by Monday.

@FallenZone, thanks. Keep them coming

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Thanks, n9cell.

HLing, I have to investigate the thing with the lines now that it appears to more than one user. Please try reinstalling to see if the problem will be solved (PhilG13 reported that after a reinstall the problem goes away for a while). The darkened video thing should be fixed in 1.0.4, are you using that one?
Qwazix, I've installed 1.0.4 on both the 16G and 64G (it's a good thing I have two N9s temporarily to trouble shoot.) I've had both N9's on the same rawcam versions: first 1.0.3, then 1.0.4. I've not had problem of horizontal lines with the 16G N9.)

Today when I first opened Rawcam on the 64G N9, I can already see a lot of the horizontal lines on the screen. I closed it. Checked and compared settings with the 16G N9. Then opened the stock camera app on the 64G, the screen looked fine. I then opened Rawcam, and yay! No lines!

As for the video being darken, I had the problem with the 1.0.4, but after reboot I opened the video player to play something (back to normal) , and then I opened rawcam again to take pictures. then exited. then played the video again, still fine. no darkening. I've not had problem with it since.

Maybe it is sharing resources somehow? I don't know enough about the technical stuff. I'm just glad there's a work around because..Rawcam rocks!

I had darken video player long time ago (which I hardly use). Did not make the link with rawcam but it is possible.

1.0.5 on devel for N900 with the camera-ui interference bug now fixed.

I will shortly promote to testing, please vote to get it to extras.

Thanks to freemangordon for the pointers.

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-16 at 16:26.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
1.0.7 in testing (no changes, just added this thread as bugtracker)

Please test and vote.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../rawcam/1.0.7/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
i have the previous versiob of pcam,then i tried to install the latest version but an error occured"can't install,installation package not found"

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by psychEinside View Post
i have the previous versiob of pcam,then i tried to install the latest version but an error occured"can't install,installation package not found"
Are you sure there is no corruption of downloaded file? You may also want to try installing via terminal and posting logs instead...

Originally Posted by psychEinside View Post
latest version only for n900