Active Topics

lol why are we discussing lining up for phones? the fvck does that have to do with the price of tea in china? you guys talk about people lining up for phones like it happens all the time. It doesn't. PEOPLE ONLY LINE UP FOR APPLE PHONES. The Samsung Galaxy S 2 is one wildly successful phone. It's sold in the multi millions in a few weeks. People aren't lining up for that sh1t, either.* the point is, people don't ususally line up for cell phones, and when they do, it's quite rare other than apple products. Apple's Reality Distortion Field can convince otherwise thinking and reasoning people that incremental updates to hardware and a sexy version on bonzi buddy are worth waiting 9 days(!) in line for.**

*except for the few people in Australia trying to get one for 2 dollars at that crazy sale.
**those same folks will be lined up for the iPhone 5 next year, too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
lol why are we discussing lining up for phones?
Then why the **** aren't we talking about sales numbers. Real, hard mother****ing numbers.

Let's see them. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon all are touting "best numbers" for a device. Samsung talks about their Galaxy S II sale numbers.

Nokia? Dead silent.

What part of that equation is so damn hard to understand? Everybody else is talking about sales, Nokia is talking about what's supposed to come. And it's on an OS that doesn't have a foothold in the US, the land of its origin.

Lining up = sales

Marketing is so misunderstood by you people here. Mainly because they don't market to people like us... geeks champion some of the stupidest things because it makes sense to them.

But in this case, cold hard numbers will showcase which is selling the best. And that's what I'm equating lining up to. Sales.

Say it with me... mother****ing sales. Not debates on which OS or UI or app market or screen or SoC or CPU or GPU or <insert whatever you want>... but distribution channels, marketing and sales.

The things that actually keep a company up and running. Sales.

In fact... I'm not discussing much more than my quest to obtain 30 or so N9's - I've had 7 people drop out of wanting a N9, just tired of the "wait and see/hope" situation if you're in North America to obtain one - but I'm focusing in on numbers.

WP7, Nokia N9, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S II, et al. Sales. The rest can enjoy this masturbatory conversation about what's the best - it really produces nothing, doesn't even affect the company's bottom line.

Straight mother****ing sales numbers... that's a fact that is sorely missing from this thread.

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-10-15 at 16:21. Reason: More curses were added... emulating Samuel L. Jackson complete

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
I preordered the 64 GB from plaisio.gr the guy on the phone said they are expecting it at the end of the month but didn't sound really sure. i hope they don't fvck me over
They told me end of november on the phone...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Sales figures ? They didnt make enough units to sell like Iphone or Samsung, it's not mass production.
It's 'limited availability', regardless what gsmarena said, means limited edition.
Means it's not intended to sell a lot, due to Mr Elop.
But the Nokia staff seem very enthusiastic about it.

You want one? Oh sorry, sold out, there's only 200 units. Or 100 units. N9 is the only Nokia model positioned that way, as in 'get it before it runs out'

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-10-15 at 16:52.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Straight mother****ing sales numbers... that's a fact that is sorely missing from this thread.
I don't recall one single model of Nokia released phones that they quoted a number of units sold. All I can find are speculations.

Has anyone any numbers? Heard of someone who had some?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Because it's true, Michael Computing.

What else is there to say about the N9 really? I'm not spending £529 on a phone that is going to be obsolete as quick as it started.
You obviously have no interest in the N9 and what it represents, so why are you here?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Gerbick, unless you own stock on these companies, why the fvck do you care how much they've sold? Speaking on behalf of myself, I don't give two sh1ts about how much a phone (or any other product I use) sells. These companies don't care about you or me or anyone like you and me. They will just as soon screw you over as they would sell you something. And a lot of time the two go hand in hand. You wanna know why these companies won't shut the fvck up about how much they've sold? Because it's a dick measuring competition and whoever has the biggest dick has the biggest share price. I don't care if I'm the only N9 owner to ever live. I don't care if I'm one of the "next billion" N9 owners either. I just want a device that fits my needs. If that device happens to be the wildly successful iPhone, so be it. If that devices happens to be the motherfvcking BANANA PHONE, so fvcking be it. I'd buy a god damn RAZR if it did what I wanted.

I understand your frustration, I do. But do you, as an owner of several Nokia Internet Tablets REALLY care about sales? I suspect you don't. But don't fool yourself into thinking this is about sales or lining up or anything like that.. We all knew what we were getting into once they announced the N9 wouldn't be available in most of the world. We're playing the import game and most of us are losing. At one point I actually cooked up the idea that Nokia was actually slowing production intentionally. Then I realised I was getting too involved. But enough of this bollocks, buy what you want. I'm getting an N9 and it's (MF) DOOMed OS. Sales numbers are for shareholders and tech "journalists"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
........ But enough of this bollocks, buy what you want. I'm getting an N9 and it's (MF) DOOMed OS. Sales numbers are for shareholders and tech "journalists"
Btw, did you end up asking your contact to get it for you from Msia? Successful? If your contact going to Spore, it's just released today, cost slightly higher, due to exchange rates & maybe taxes thingy.

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Btw, did you end up asking your contact to get it for you from Msia? Successful? If your contact going to Spore, it's just released today, cost slightly higher, due to exchange rates & maybe taxes thingy.
I decided to wait a bit to see if prices fall. It was a good price, but he was being slow in respondingto me so I decided to just give it some time.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
They told me end of november on the phone...
What... the...
Actually, it is not so bad for me. I go for my 8-month army stint in a week, and I hope to be able to save some money (as I will live on taxpayer money) to buy one come December. But end of November for one of the largest greek stores? What was Nokia's distribution strategy again?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????